Civilization V Crashing Problem Late in Game

Roberty

Extremely [H]
Did they ever get the Civ V late game crashing bug straightened out yet? Love the game but is sure is a pain in the arse to have to quit a game before finishing it because it won't stop crashing late in the game. I'm not going to try it again until they have a fix.

have you tried a fresh install?

Yes I have but it's a Steam game so that shouldn't be a problem anyway. I did some research a few weeks ago and apparently most are having this same issue. :( There were supposed to be working on a patch but I'm beginning to wonder if they will get this issue fixed from looking at some recent posts on the Steam forum. I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knew anything.

That's odd. I thought they had fixed it. I had a game where I was playing as India trying to get a Cultural Victory and it kept crashing on the same turn (around 500 or so). They released a patch and I was finally able to get past it and win. It was frustrating before the patch because I was about 10 turns from winning.

A disturbing trend with the Civ series. I & II awesome rock solid games. III had rare lock ups and IV 'buggy'. Seems like V is not much better. Sad to series a good series go down the crapper.

They patched it about a week ago to address the crashes, though mine still does frequently. If you have an old save game, give it a shot. You might have better luck than I did.

They patched it about a week ago to address the crashes, though mine still does frequently. If you have an old save game, give it a shot. You might have better luck than I did.

That's weird. I haven't played it in about 3 weeks and just fired it off on Steam and it didn't act like it did an update first. I thought updates patched automatically.....

That's weird. I haven't played it in about 3 weeks and just fired it off on Steam and it didn't act like it did an update first. I thought updates patched automatically.....
Have you used Steam at all during that time? It automatically patches games in the background.

I don't think so but it might have run accidentally and me not realize it. I'll try Civ V sometime this weekend and see if it still does it.

Is there a way to check the current version and the version I have installed? I don't completely trust that Steam is updating mine.

I was bummed to find out that no achievements work in multiplayer with the exception of the win one multiplayer game one.

yup i have well over 300 hours in civ V and i've never had it crash on me.

I can't get past turn 120 in some cases. The very first time I played I couldn't get past turn 425 or something, I was forced to abandon my game.

It's so ridiculous, I just don't understand what could possibly be wrong with my computer, it's the only game I have an issue with and other people have no problems with it that have similar setups.

I wonder if it's the SoundBlaster x-Fi, driver updates are very scarce for that these days.

Don't feel bad - Mine is still crashing and fromn the looks of a LOT of posts on the Steam forums most seem to be having the same problems. :( I hate to be their beta tester.

well god damnit i decided to reinstall civ 5 after my game drive died a few weeks back, now using the most recent update and its crashing on me :(. not sure if it was the update or the fact that decided to turn off all the victory options to play in sandbox mode. but from messing around with it. it looks like it suffers the annoying 2GB memory wall like supreme commander had. lame ass shit.

game i just finished.. well more like quit. i got to turn 314 and hit 1.98GB, the game crashed.. started it up again loaded the map. it started at 1.6GB went from turn 310-340 the game hit 1.98GB and crashed. started it again which started at 1.6GB went from turn 330-360 hit 1.98GB and crashed. was like this til about turn 400 and i gave up. i was using quick game settings which is why i hit the 2GB barrier much earlier then those that might be playing at standard speed. on standard you should be good up to 400-500 turns before you hit the 2GB limit depending on your graphic settings.

Back