Changed ASUS setting to "optimal" now it shows OC and won't change back?

SLP Firehawk

Limp Gawd
I changed my ASUS Prime Trx 40 Pro BIOS setting from Normal to Optimal and that changed my PC to a 5% Overclock. So now it's 3.9 GHz instead of 3.7GHz. (Threadripper 3970x).
I didn't know it would do this. I rebooted and changed it back to normal but it still shows OC and 3.9GHz. How do I change it back?

One interesting thing I see now that I'm testing a render with the new optimized setting is that all cores stay on 3899.20MHz during 100% full load render.

If I clear the BIOS will I have to go back and configure a bunch of stuff? The only thing I did was click optimal and it adjusted things based on that setting, but apparently won't simply revert back

One interesting thing I see now that I'm testing a render with the new optimized setting is that all cores stay on 3899.20MHz during 100% full load render.

If I clear the BIOS will I have to go back and configure a bunch of stuff? The only thing I did was click optimal and it adjusted things based on that setting, but apparently won't simply revert back
if you clear it you will have to make whatever changes you had initial made again.

Thank you. I haven't made any changes (except fan adjustment and clicking optimal) but what I am concerned about is losing any changes the computer builder company might have done from default when they built it. I won't know how to set it back to how they configured it, if indeed they changed anything from default.

Thank you. I haven't made any changes (except fan adjustment and clicking optimal) but what I am concerned about is losing any changes the computer builder company might have done from default when they built it. I won't know how to set it back to how they configured it, if indeed they changed anything from default.
from the sounds of it, they didnt do anything. i'd load optimal, adjust your fans and leave it at that.

Back