chair on sale

Sold out, that said expect and PU leather chair not to last very long.
Expect the chair to last about the length of the warranty sub $200 (6mo-1 year), about 1.5-2x the warranty for the $300-400 chairs (3-4 years), and then real leather chairs at the 500+$ range will vary as most only come with a short warranty (most are 2y but some are 5y) they often last 7-10 years if you take care of them though.
All of the above are considering moderate use of about 40 hours a week.

Secretlabs and akracer are the top for longevity and quality but also gonna be the priciest.

Last edited:
That is.... really dumb. Obviously it's a statement for people that have absurd wealth, but if you're trying to show it off, this is tasteless. Gauche is the word.

I have personally thought however that using car bucket seats wouldn't be particularly hard to build out as a weekend project. For 1/10th of the Ferrari chair price, you could buy a Bride or Recaro (etc) seat, the mounting hardware and then add your own set of legs/casters etc. That would be "cooler" than pretty much every gamer and chair and actually be unique as well as having much better ergonomics and built better. Pretty much better at every level. The average gamer chair costs $100, and this would be 10x that, but definitely not completely out of the question in terms of pricing.

Get a killabee chair anything with ridges for the seat sucks.
Hows the longevity of those chairs, my issue currently is the leather starts cracking after about 2.5-3y and then flaking like a mofo at 4-5y
This is my maxnomic after 3y, and then 5y (today) ~ I often sit on my right leg, thats why that side is worn more.
I'm not even that big of a dude 185 @ 6'

It's not leather so it won't crack they look good I use a Serta for everything but use my Killa Bee chair for gaming on my vacation =)
Like a special night out...

Last edited:
OP that chair is only rated for 300 lbs so you'd be taking a gamble on that alone. I also second the point about leather chairs and starting to deteriorate within a couple years time. Of course it's all relative to how often they're used but many of us are working from home now and our desks and chairs are getting a lot more use.

Hows the longevity of those chairs, my issue currently is the leather starts cracking after about 2.5-3y and then flaking like a mofo at 4-5y
This is my maxnomic after 3y, and then 5y (today) ~ I often sit on my right leg, thats why that side is worn more.
I'm not even that big of a dude 185 @ 6'

Its hard to find full leather chairs that do not use bonded leather. Bonded leather just doesn't last long.

I will always stand by getting a quality chair from a used office furniture seller. You can often get a nice HM Aeron or Steelcase Leap for $300. Chairs of that level will last a hell of a lot longer than just about any gaming chair. You could step up to a real leather gaming chair, but then you're approaching $600+. That said, Noblechairs does have a new material that they're using on their Black Edition chairs that looks interesting. Supposedly, it's a material that some German car manufacturers are using that is sort of a PLU/ real leather hybrid. They claim it's much more durable and breathable than either PLU or real leather. Pricing is right between their PLU and real leather offerings as well, so it might be worth checking out if you have to have a gaming chair.

https://www.noblechairs.co.uk/hero-series/black-edition

I will always stand by getting a quality chair from a used office furniture seller. You can often get a nice HM Aeron or Steelcase Leap for $300. Chairs of that level will last a hell of a lot longer than just about any gaming chair. You could step up to a real leather gaming chair, but then you're approaching $600+. That said, Noblechairs does have a new material that they're using on their Black Edition chairs that looks interesting. Supposedly, it's a material that some German car manufacturers are using that is sort of a PLU/ real leather hybrid. They claim it's much more durable and breathable than either PLU or real leather. Pricing is right between their PLU and real leather offerings as well, so it might be worth checking out if you have to have a gaming chair.

https://www.noblechairs.co.uk/hero-series/black-edition

I own this chair (not black version) but the "EPIC" [Black/White/Red version] - I've owned it for almost 2years now, and I'm 6'5" 375lbs. The only thing I replaced is the aluminum 5-spoke base with a powder-coated steel one. I added those rollerblade wheels and I sat in it one day, and the aluminum 5-spoke frame broke in 2 places. I went with a white base, which really sets off the color scheme.
Anyways, while expensive, you get what you pay for. Very comfortable, the seat has not gone flat. This was the biggest problem I had with other chairs. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I was actually looking at this one recently: https://www.amazon.com/Ergohuman-Swivel-Chair-Headrest-Chrome/dp/B002LK1YNO?th=1
They're based out of austin so I can go into their location once everything opens back up to sit in the chairs to try out without having to buy.

It is a mesh style but the reviews seem solid and the frame is a lifetime warranty with 5y warranty on the foam/mesh, which is the best one I've seen so far.
Theres a leather version too https://ergohuman.com/ergohuman-high-back-chair-le9erg-w-headrest-and-leather/

edit: (warranty is restricted to 40hrs/wk & 250lb max though)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I was actually looking at this one recently: https://www.amazon.com/Ergohuman-Swivel-Chair-Headrest-Chrome/dp/B002LK1YNO?th=1
They're based out of austin so I can go into their location once everything opens back up to sit in the chairs to try out without having to buy.

It is a mesh style but the reviews seem solid and the frame is a lifetime warranty with 5y warranty on the foam/mesh, which is the best one I've seen so far.
Theres a leather version too https://ergohuman.com/ergohuman-high-back-chair-le9erg-w-headrest-and-leather/

edit: (warranty is restricted to 40hrs/wk & 250lb max though)

Damn, too rich for my blood. NICE chair though! I weigh too much for that one, too. (Sucks being a fatass)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Damn, too rich for my blood. NICE chair though! I weigh too much for that one, too. (Sucks being a fatass)
Frankly its not that much worse than the real leather noble ones for me, 550£ is about $690 dollars, and after shipping/any import taxes who knows.

If I can get it to last 6-7 years it'd be worth the cost compared to a cheap one that lasts barely 2-3, gotta put that trump money to good use :p.
Thats assuming I couldnt just buy a replacement base/back for cheaper when it starts to wear out.
I need a new chair more than my other plan for my trump check ~ a VR kit which is more than the chair :D, decisions decisions.

Back