Cerberus (uATX) - air cooling (tower)

johnrea77

Limp Gawd
This Cerberus case is a little narrower than I thought. Not many options if you aren't going AIO cooling. Looks like I'm going to stuff a Noctua NH-U9S black version in the case since it is lower than 140mm in height. I will tack on an extra 92CM fan for push pull to make sure the i7-7700K can cut it. Will likely end up with a Rocket Lake a couple months down the road and I will see if I need to do anything with the temps. I already got a baseline idle/load temps on the current case (Fractal Define Mini C).

Last edited:
I have the Cerberus-X (same width, just taller to be ATX) and have used the Scythe Fuma Rev.B (dual tower) and C14S (top down). Which one works better is dependent on side panel choice (vented vs glass/solid) and the type of cooler your GPU has.
Both will be fine with the 7700K (so will the U9S). 6-cores will also be fine. Problems begin with 8-core overclocked Intel/AMD chips that can overwhelm the coolers easily.

Thx Vittra -

I moved the i7-7700K/ASRock mobo into the Cerberus earlier today and managed to squeeze the RTX-3070 in as well. With the NH-U9S(Chromax,black) Noctua air cooling tower running on the stock fan as well as another Noctua 92mm fan on the rear exhaust the temps were good under load. 65C on the CPU and 37C on the mobo. CPU fan was fairly quiet at 1515 rpm.

It's possible that the i7-7700K/mobo gets an uplift later this year. The EVGA RTX 3070 XC Ultra stays in the Cerberus.

Last edited:
Managed to migrate the components from the Fractal Define Mini C to the Cerberus. Only change to this PC is the EVGA XC Ultra RTX-3070, Silverstone SX700 PSU (SFX-L), and the Noctua CPU cooler (NH-U9S cromax.black).

cerberus_02.jpg

cerberus_03.jpg

cerberus_01.jpg

Last edited:
Back