CDW Outlet Finds

I think I will have to loosen the timings. I encountered my first random restart. There was no fanfare, no bluescreen, the system just restarted randomly while looking at files on my local system. I will keep monitoring things to see how it goes.

I think I will have to loosen the timings. I encountered my first random restart. There was no fanfare, no bluescreen, the system just restarted randomly while looking at files on my local system. I will keep monitoring things to see how it goes.
I was having this happen on my z420 with 256GB until I got a memory cooler. It would only happen during memtest since that was the only thing that stressed all the modules. I would run memtest and see if it happens then too and then put a fan on it to see if that helps. If so, then you've got the solution--an old-school memory cooler or a fan pointed at the modules. (y)

I was having this happen on my z420 with 256GB until I got a memory cooler. It would only happen during memtest since that was the only thing that stressed all the modules. I would run memtest and see if it happens then too and then put a fan on it to see if that helps. If so, then you've got the solution--an old-school memory cooler or a fan pointed at the modules. (y)
I took your advice and ordered some RAM coolers for the system. Good call.

Much much better than I expected, this is basically with no tweaking at 1.4v (side note: now I've tons of RAM in the FS section :)) :
1662326991390.png
1662326954039.png

Attachments

• cachemem9422_2.png
    cachemem9422_2.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Update: Pushing a bit tighter to 18-18-18-38 resulted in no boot, I could have upped the voltage to 1.45v to push a bit higher but don't see the need. If you are aiming for bleeding edge this will likely do 3800/4000 at CL20-22 and 1.45v. I'm happy to keep it at 3600 CL18 1.4v. Thanks SamirD

Update: Pushing a bit tighter to 18-18-18-38 resulted in no boot, I could have upped the voltage to 1.45v to push a bit higher but don't see the need. If you are aiming for bleeding edge this will likely do 3800/4000 at CL20-22 and 1.45v. I'm happy to keep it at 3600 CL18 1.4v. Thanks SamirD
This is much better than I thought it could ever do. :) Super solid and thank you for posting the details. :)

This is much better than I thought it could ever do. :) Super solid and thank you for posting the details. :)
Based on my experience running 2 sticks of this would result in best performance at least on mainstream chipsets: from what I've seen and read, running more than 2x dual rank DIMMs usually degrades stability at higher speeds when overclocking. Obviously varies by cpu-chipset combo but generally speaking you can either maximize capacity or speed, but not both given constraints of memory controllers. Note that ECC does add a bit of latency (my best AIDA latency scores with current setup are in the 68-69 ns range), non-ECC would probably be 65-66 fwiw.

Based on my experience running 2 sticks of this would result in best performance at least on mainstream chipsets: from what I've seen and read, running more than 2x dual rank DIMMs usually degrades stability at higher speeds when overclocking. Obviously varies by cpu-chipset combo but generally speaking you can either maximize capacity or speed, but not both given constraints of memory controllers. Note that ECC does add a bit of latency (my best AIDA latency scores with current setup are in the 68-69 ns range), non-ECC would probably be 65-66 fwiw.
Yep, and for the motherboards with only 2x slots, these would be quite nice. I personally like ecc in any form as I've seen better uptimes with it in my systems that support it. (y)

looks like i need to buy one off fleabay, my first order got put on backorder and my second order went through, so I only have 1 32gb stick when i did two separate orders to have 2x 32 gb. Such BS that they limit the cart to one but then you can call and get more than one. I see someone did that and has since posted them on ebay for $99 each. Unless someone has a spare I'll buy one 32gb for $75 ;)

looks like i need to buy one off fleabay, my first order got put on backorder and my second order went through, so I only have 1 32gb stick when i did two separate orders to have 2x 32 gb. Such BS that they limit the cart to one but then you can call and get more than one. I see someone did that and has since posted them on ebay for $99 each. Unless someone has a spare I'll buy one 32gb for $75 ;)
Wow, $99/ea--not cool. I don't like it when deals are used for resale--that's against the spirit of a deal imo. Link?

Now, I just wished I bought the whole lot--then I could resell them at reasonable prices and they would have still been gone quick, giving everyone a deal. :)

Wow, $99/ea--not cool. I don't like it when deals are used for resale--that's against the spirit of a deal imo. Link?

Now, I just wished I bought the whole lot--then I could resell them at reasonable prices and they would have still been gone quick, giving everyone a deal. :)
here, it's obvious they peeled the green b-stock sticker off the ram that cdw puts on them as it ripped or partially ripped the factory stickers off the cases, funny how they are all from difference sellers and look the same, lol. The one I got did the same thing taking the sticker off.

I understand people can do that they want, just shitty to take advantage of a deal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1254936151...Bmj4qeNZknIC+x2mJgRZKZkiI=|tkp:Bk9SR6DM14XjYA

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334547089638?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=20200818142055&meid=799814cda9c0410db54cc0addbe81f48&pid=101113&rk=3&rkt=12&sd=125493615107&itm=334547089638&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2563228&algv=DefaultOrganicWeb&brand=EDGE+Tech+Corp&_trksid=p2563228.c101113.m2108

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165651771075?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=20200818142055&meid=799814cda9c0410db54cc0addbe81f48&pid=101113&rk=2&rkt=12&sd=125493615107&itm=165651771075&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2563228&algv=DefaultOrganicWeb&brand=EDGE+Memory&_trksid=p2563228.c101113.m2108

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165621027278?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=20200818142055&meid=799814cda9c0410db54cc0addbe81f48&pid=101113&rk=1&rkt=12&sd=125493615107&itm=165621027278&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2563228&algv=DefaultOrganicWeb&brand=EDGE+Memory&_trksid=p2563228.c101113.m2108

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Man...so bummed I missed out on this deal. Didn't think the ram would of been useful to me considering i was oblivious to zen 3 supporting ECC on mainstream. My board doesn't support it, but that's an easy fix, just nab a new board...could of used these to up my ram to 128, which would be very useful for my 3d workflow atm. Bah....

Got to keep my eye on this thread a little more often, and pay attention next time. Grats to those that picked up these modules, banging deal at the non resale prices =P.

here, it's obvious they peeled the green b-stock sticker off the ram that cdw puts on them as it ripped or partially ripped the factory stickers off the cases, funny how they are all from difference sellers and look the same, lol. The one I got did the same thing taking the sticker off.

I understand people can do that they want, just shitty to take advantage of a deal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125493615107?hash=item1d38009a03:g:xGgAAOSwX11jEYEe&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoDGVZxLTx/dAQei72kDw7ojp37qH2Dp7M6kxbPoq6xC+H1JM2zisWgol9bERKtDLvHTII7s/NzkGZ4xGZ96165+yLDzS1D7P3q1Hw00YyDmzl1OXp5Dvg/5Z+CRiKmnSN8IuM28VcT1c+qsr1y5n5MfqQeRpr5ZF+hdUGKCpTh2q8JtqzSzvRucNWHcNXvBmj4qeNZknIC+x2mJgRZKZkiI=|tkp:Bk9SR6DM14XjYA

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334547089638?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=20200818142055&meid=799814cda9c0410db54cc0addbe81f48&pid=101113&rk=3&rkt=12&sd=125493615107&itm=334547089638&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2563228&algv=DefaultOrganicWeb&brand=EDGE+Tech+Corp&_trksid=p2563228.c101113.m2108

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165651771075?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=20200818142055&meid=799814cda9c0410db54cc0addbe81f48&pid=101113&rk=2&rkt=12&sd=125493615107&itm=165651771075&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2563228&algv=DefaultOrganicWeb&brand=EDGE+Memory&_trksid=p2563228.c101113.m2108

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165621027278?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=20200818142055&meid=799814cda9c0410db54cc0addbe81f48&pid=101113&rk=1&rkt=12&sd=125493615107&itm=165621027278&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2563228&algv=DefaultOrganicWeb&brand=EDGE+Memory&_trksid=p2563228.c101113.m2108
Those MFs. :mad::mad::mad: I counted at least 41 units that went to these people. Next time, I'm buying the whole lot. That will thwart these type of people. Hell, I could have told NO ONE and just let it go the the liquidation pallet. Makes me livid that people will profit from someone trying to help others. Those MFs should be paying me a commission or a serious percentage. In fact, I may reach out to them demanding just that. :mad:

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Man...so bummed I missed out on this deal. Didn't think the ram would of been useful to me considering i was oblivious to zen 3 supporting ECC on mainstream. My board doesn't support it, but that's an easy fix, just nab a new board...could of used these to up my ram to 128, which would be very useful for my 3d workflow atm. Bah....

Got to keep my eye on this thread a little more often, and pay attention next time. Grats to those that picked up these modules, banging deal at the non resale prices =P.
And the thing is this, as long as your board supported 32GB non-ecc modules, these probably would have worked if they work like ddr3 ecc udimms in non-ecc systems. :( I'm bummed that a lot of scalpers got these and not people like yourself.

Must be those STH people trying to turn a profit instead of helping.
I think most on STH are genuinely like us, but there are quite a few people who are not members that do this all the time with the great deals that pop up there. I posted it there first since a member there is who brought this deal to my attention, but if I would have known these were such good consumer modules, I would have posted it here first. The whole batch of 150+ modules sold out in less than a few hours.

There are some very good and very helpful people on STH but yeah, there are some bad ones too. That is really going to be the case just about anywhere though. People are greedy.
True, but if I made these deals exclusive to a list I control, then it's only people I want to benefit that will. ;) I've considered doing this for some time now, but this event might be what pushes it over the edge.

Those MFs. :mad::mad::mad: I counted at least 41 units that went to these people. Next time, I'm buying the whole lot. That will thwart these type of people. Hell, I could have told NO ONE and just let it go the the liquidation pallet. Makes me livid that people will profit from someone trying to help others. Those MFs should be paying me a commission or a serious percentage. In fact, I may reach out to them demanding just that. :mad:

Even when I did my two separate 1 item orders, I only needed 2 for the system I was doing. At any point I didn't think "ohh I should call and get them all to screw everybody else out of a good deal to scalp." I simply wanted two, but ended up with one. I'll end up paying the $98 for one off ebay, which brings my two down to an average of $64/each, which is still good, but the spirt of the deal and point of sharing is lost to scalpers........

Even when I did my two separate 1 item orders, I only needed 2 for the system I was doing. At any point I didn't think "ohh I should call and get them all to screw everybody else out of a good deal to scalp." I simply wanted two, but ended up with one. I'll end up paying the $98 for one off ebay, which brings my two down to an average of $64/each, which is still good, but the spirt of the deal and point of sharing is lost to scalpers........
Yep, and that's what pisses me off. If anyone should be profiteering off of these deals, it should be ME since I'm finding them (in this case though it was someone else who found it). And I don't want to profit, but share instead. Usually, this isn't an issue as it's just onesies and twosies, but I'm going to remember what happened here. Because 41 of these modules had a net profit of at least $50/ea, so that's over $2000 that people essentially made off of my work. F that. If it's in my power, no one is doing that again and depriving people of nice upgrades that will be put to better use than profiteering.

I think I have half a mind to contact CDW about it since one of the conditions of items in the outlet is that they are not resold. That's one of the reasons I haven't gone full out 'deals store' with what I find--it's against the TOS.

I still use a nice Eaton UPS deal you found on there a couple of years ago.... :)
Nice! I'm glad to hear it. :) I'm still using 3x APC units I found on there...and 14x cyberpower ones...and...lol...

I was thinking about some of the deals I posted here that had multiple and it never had this fever of profiteers in it unless I simply was unaware of the ebay listings. And it makes me wonder how many other times this has happened. :mad:

Theoretically, on 5000 series AMD systems, populating all 4 memory slots is supposed to give the system a performance boost ( up to 10% boost) with the AMD Fabric or something. It was tech Jesus that brought this up IIRC : Tech Jesus +10% on 5000 Series

Saw they had "two" in stock after reading this. I ordered them both in seperate orders. We will see if I actually get em lol.
Here's to hoping!
My buddy got on this a bit later and his one stick is on back order still...

Theoretically, on 5000 series AMD systems, populating all 4 memory slots is supposed to give the system a performance boost ( up to 10% boost) with the AMD Fabric or something. It was tech Jesus that brought this up IIRC : Tech Jesus +10% on 5000 Series
That I'm 100% certain has to do with dual vs single rank, if you have 4 single rank modules they effectively behave as dual rank, for max frequency and performance 2 x high density dual rank modules would work best. One of my biggest problems with these youtubers are half of them are twats with no tech experience period.

That I'm 100% certain has to do with dual vs single rank, if you have 4 single rank modules they effectively behave as dual rank, for max frequency and performance 2 x high density dual rank modules would work best. One of my biggest problems with these youtubers are half of them are twats with no tech experience period.
I forgot all about that. Yup, I'm fairly certain you are correct.

Saw they had "two" in stock after reading this. I ordered them both in seperate orders. We will see if I actually get em lol.
Here's to hoping!
well then that means i should have a email confirming my one that was "backorder" has been filled (which I don't), just left my sales guy a vmm. ****backorder orders go to auto cancel after 2 days, so that sucks.

Last edited:
well then that means i should have a email confirming my one that was "backorder" has been filled (which I don't), just left my sales guy a vmm. ****backorder orders go to auto cancel after 2 days, so that sucks.
Hey, looks like I got one stick. I’ll sell it to you for what I paid (39.59) and free shipping, since you already have one and a single is useless to me lol it should come in next week, I got a tracking number and everything.

For those who had reboots, make sure to check WHEA errors that are RAM related, had to back mine down to 18-21-21-43 at 1.41v to get rid of them. Barely made a difference in memory benchmarks and still a great deal for the price.

My buddy got on this a bit later and his one stick is on back order still...
As mentioned earlier that means he/she isn't getting it. I orded a ups at one time after SamirD posted it and it stayed in backorder and was eventually cancelled. I called an complain becaus they had 5 more in stock but wouldn't sell any of them at the price I bought the 1st one at. I think I eventually waited till they dropped and got a diffenent one for the same price though so all is well that ends well.

Side note, I would have love to have gotten some of the ram as well but I saw this the next day and they were LONG GONE by then. /shrug

As mentioned earlier that means he/she isn't getting it. I orded a ups at one time after SamirD posted it and it stayed in backorder and was eventually cancelled. I called an complain becaus they had 5 more in stock but wouldn't sell any of them at the price I bought the 1st one at. I think I eventually waited till they dropped and got a diffenent one for the same price though so all is well that ends well.

Side note, I would have love to have gotten some of the ram as well but I saw this the next day and they were LONG GONE by then. /shrug
When I called they said that "backorder" orders AUTO CANCEL after 2 days.

Back