Case Leak

Odigo

Gawd
Edit:
So I found two fans leaking oil. I unplugged them and my issue went away. Antec was fast and is sending out replacements. A+ warranty service. .

So I recently upgraded my case/fans and AIO. I noticed in one section on my case glass little dots of a unknown liquid. I wipe them, they smear. It's isolate to one area near most of the fans. It seems to happen more when the fans ramp up. I am unable to find any drips or pools.. Could a fan have a small drip? or could this be just excess oil from the factory working out? It's hard to see them in the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20211002_163557375.jpg
    IMG_20211002_163557375.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Odd you aren't seeing a leak, that's for sure. I would lower the fan curve and let the rads get warmer before the fans spin up. Might be a leak that's only present when the rad expands from heat and the fans are throwing it off. Just an idea.

When I turned all the fans on full speed they started to appear.

The Fluid used in the aio is not going to be oily... my bet is that it is coming from the fans.... I have never seen it before put that would be my bet... as the above reply states slow the fans down to min speed and run a cpu stress test to heat up the aio and check for leaks.

So I popped the back off my case. Sure enough, the middle fan was leaking. Sucks, it's brand new too. Guess it's time to test Antec's warranty.

So I popped the back off my case. Sure enough, the middle fan was leaking. Sucks, it's brand new too. Guess it's time to test Antec's warranty.
That’s so weird. First I’ve heard of it actually. Makes sense tho, they are lubed at the factory I am sure.

That’s so weird. First I’ve heard of it actually. Makes sense tho, they are lubed at the factory I am sure.
Yeah I've been building since 1998 and never had a fan leak. Then again, if it wasn't for the glass and my RGB I wouldn't have noticed.

Yeah, it can happen. The stock fan on my Mugen5 leaked lube and I only noticed it because I replaced the cooler with a Fuma2 so that I could move the Mugen over to another build. Found a light, oily film on a couple of the blades + some of the sink's fins as I was removing the fan for a quick dusting.

Reactions: Odigo
like this
After turning one off I found another one leaking...

Attachments

• IMG_20211002_214321451.jpg
    IMG_20211002_214321451.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 0
Back