Can't enter BIOS MAG X570 Tomahawk

MrSteel74

[H]ard|Gawd
Wondering if anyone can make some suggestions. I've recently built a Ryzen setup using the MSI X570 Tomahawk, everything is working just fine but after disabling the splash screen I'm finding I can no longer enter the BIOS no matter what I do. Jamming out on the Delete key does nothing and I've tried holding down the shift key when restarting Windows 10 and using the menu options but no luck there either.

You can try the following:

1. Enter UEFI BIOS from Windows 10. This may differ slightly based on what version of Windows 10 you have, but it should be similar
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enter-uefi-bios-windows-10-pcs
If you installed in BIOS compatibility / non UEFI mode, you will not see this function.

2. Semi nuclear option - Turn off PSU switch, remove the CMOS battery from motherboard, drain residual power by pressing the power button, wait a minute, then pop the CMOS back in place. You will need to re set up your BIOS after doing this including setting up XMP among others.

You can try the following:

1. Enter UEFI BIOS from Windows 10. This may differ slightly based on what version of Windows 10 you have, but it should be similar
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enter-uefi-bios-windows-10-pcs
If you installed in BIOS compatibility / non UEFI mode, you will not see this function.

2. Semi nuclear option - Turn off PSU switch, remove the CMOS battery from motherboard, drain residual power by pressing the power button, wait a minute, then pop the CMOS back in place. You will need to re set up your BIOS after doing this including setting up XMP among others.
I tried option one using a slightly different method as well as the method you provided and neither worked. Guess I'll have to move everything around to bust open the case and clear the CMOS. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I have the original Cooler Master Cosmos II and the damn thing weighs 50 pounds empty and it's a pain to move lol.

I tried option one using a slightly different method as well as the method you provided and neither worked. Guess I'll have to move everything around to bust open the case and clear the CMOS. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I have the original Cooler Master Cosmos II and the damn thing weighs 50 pounds empty and it's a pain to move lol.
Ive read of some people wiring up their case reset switch to the clear CMOS jumper when they expect to clear the bios often... or a $5 switch from amazon wired to the jumper could work too.

make sure your keyboard is in the top usb port or use ps2 and confirm that the key is delete. then reboot and just start jammin on it, fast. you could also try booting with m/kb removed, see if it pauses to complain.

My MSI B550 just did this, on an older FW (Julyish 2021) FWIW. Reset bios, flashed current and hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Ive read of some people wiring up their case reset switch to the clear CMOS jumper when they expect to clear the bios often... or a $5 switch from amazon wired to the jumper could work too.
my crosshair viii dark hero has a button on the motherboard for it, another for boot. or it's configurable and mine is set to clear cmos, can't remember has been a few months since I read the manual.

Back