Canon ImageClass MF3010 (Brand New) Flashing " Paper Jam " w.o paper even loaded.

3WAYsplit

[H]ard|Gawd
Canon ImageClass MF3010 (Brand New) Flashing " Paper Jam " w.o paper even loaded.

I just got this new at my local Wally the other day. It was "simple" to setup and install drivers, etc.

I go to do a simple print job, it sounds like it's working. But nothing. I check to see what's wrong, damn. It's first print job, was a paper jam (single sheet).

Once I cleared it, I tried the test print page. The same thing, paper jam. Both times the print job started, printed one line then jammed.

Now all the printer does is flash the "Paper Jam" light.

I checked for any stuck pieces of paper, nothing. I tried resetting, nothing.

All that happens now when I turn on the printer, it lights up left to right:
(power) --> (pages) --> (Paper Jam)

How do I fix this without having to tear it apart? Is this fixable, or should I just return it?

If I return it what should I "replace" it with?
What I need is a Multi-function (Print/Scan/Copier) under $250.
Monochrome is fine, but color is ok. Laser would've been nice, but Inkjet is fine. :facepalm:

exchange it. shit happens and you got a dud, doesnt mean they are all like that. if the next one does it then change brands/model...

Did you take out all the shipping spacers? If so, bring it back and get one that can at least print one page. No sense messing around with something that you can easily return.

exchange it. shit happens and you got a dud, doesnt mean they are all like that. if the next one does it then change brands/model...

So this model is worth a second chance? I'll exchange it, and give it another try.

Did you take out all the shipping spacers? If so, bring it back and get one that can at least print one page. No sense messing around with something that you can easily return.

Yes I set it up exactly as directed.

If I have a string of bad luck with this MF3010 model, which of these would you recommend?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Canon-PI...08974?fulfillmentIntent=In-store&athbdg=L1300

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-DeskJ...33315?fulfillmentIntent=In-store&athbdg=L1800

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-DeskJ...52504?fulfillmentIntent=In-store&athbdg=L1300

I don't have the exact same Brother printer as the above^ but I swear by my monochrome Brother laser printer (HL-L2340DW). Have used it for 3-5 years with no problems. Still haven't even had to replace the beginner toner cartridge yet (though I wouldn't call myself a heavy user, particularly). From my anecdotal experience so far, I would highly recommend Brother.

From my experience at work (YMMV) I wouldn't touch an HP with a ten-foot pole.

I by chance found this video, watched it to double check how to setup this printer.

When it got to: 2:21 I was like wth, I never seen that piece. That long orange plastic piece never came out of my printer.

So I had to unpackaged the printer, and check.

I opened the printer and took out the ink cartridge and bingo. The orange piece was still there. So I took out the printer and set it up all over again.

Plugged in power, loaded paper, installed printer driver, connect USB, installed toolbox software.

It's alive, my MF3010 can now print, scan & copy.

So I don't need to return/exchange this at Wally. :D

Back