Cannot left click in Windows 10?

Spetsnaz201

Limp Gawd
Have a desktop windows 10 computer and haven't had any issues with it for 4 years. Now all of a sudden cannot left click anywhere every 10 minutes. The only way to fix this is to restart windows explorer in task manager. Have never had this issue before and I have no idea how to solve this. The mouse is not the issue, I've tried a new one with same results. I ran complete system scan using bitdefender and it found no virus. I have even gone to the extreme and dont a clean windows 10 reinstall twice. The issue still persists.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Have a desktop windows 10 computer and haven't had any issues with it for 4 years. Now all of a sudden cannot left click anywhere every 10 minutes. The only way to fix this is to restart windows explorer in task manager. Have never had this issue before and I have no idea how to solve this. The mouse is not the issue, I've tried a new one with same results. I ran complete system scan using bitdefender and it found no virus. I have even gone to the extreme and dont a clean windows 10 reinstall twice. The issue still persists.

What does hdd and cpu (individual) core activity look like when it happens? Any processes stuck at 99% or close to it?

test your drive(s) or if you have multiple drives, disconnect all but the os drive and see if it still happens.

Sounds like your hard drive is hanging and on its way out... Explorer.exe is timing out on you.

What does hdd and cpu (individual) core activity look like when it happens? Any processes stuck at 99% or close to it?

The only thing I see in the task manager is that the memory usage is unusually high. Around 800-1000mb. This happens whether I use chrome or edge.
I am not sure if the memory usage was this high when everything was working fine.

I am completely puzzled by this issue.

test your drive(s) or if you have multiple drives, disconnect all but the os drive and see if it still happens.

I have the Samsung 970 Evo Nvme SSD. Did a thorough scan using Samsung Magician and everything was perfect. Not one bad sector.

The only thing I see in the task manager is that the memory usage is unusually high. Around 800-1000mb. This happens whether I use chrome or edge.
I am not sure if the memory usage was this high when everything was working fine.

I am completely puzzled by this issue.
Do you have swap (pagefile) disabled? Normally if memory usage is excessive it will swap unused data to disk, which will cause a spike in disk and cpu activity and cause some sluggishness (although should mostly still be responsive). If there's no pagefile, though, it can cause the system to slow to a crawl (if it doesn't bluescreen immediately).

Were both mouses wireless or wired?

Back