Can you recommend a fully modular 85+ gold ?

adobian

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a fully modular 80+ gold that is 700w or above.

To be use for i9 10908e and 5700xt.

Please recommend.

Thanks.

i9-10980XE? Careful which PSU you buy for that if you want to overclock. Those chips can suck down a lot of juice. A lot of X299 boards have two 8-pin EPS 12V power connectors and a lot of PSUs don't. Only connecting one should be ok for stock speeds or a mild overclock. I picked up a Seasonic GM-750 (semi-modular, 24-pin main power, 8-pin EPS 12V CPU power, 2x 8/6 pin PCIe attached, the rest modular) for a build I'm doing for my dad for Christmas and it doesn't support dual 8-pin EPS 12V CPU power connectors. I'm kind of a fan of semi-modular when it's done right. Like a minimal set of hardwired connections and a bit less $ than an equivalent fully modular PSU. Nothing against the quality of Seasonic though. I'm running one and bought one for dad too, just pay attention to those plugs if you're looking to OC.

I second the Seasonic Focus, as a excellent alternative option theres the Corsair RMx line with 750w, 850w, and 1000w options.
Both are extremely solid build qualities with 10y warranties to back them (and both have zero RPM fan settings)

I second the Seasonic Focus, as a excellent alternative option theres the Corsair RMx line with 750w, 850w, and 1000w options.
Both are extremely solid build qualities with 10y warranties to back them (and both have zero RPM fan settings)
I picked up a Corsair RM850x for a machine I was building last month when I was having issues finding a Seasonic Focus in stock at an affordable price. It seems like a great power supply as well, so far I haven't had any issues with it, it has a good bit of weight to it, etc. but I hadn't had it long enough to recommend it yet. For what it's worth, though, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if I couldn't get a Seasonic so far it's working great.

I am looking for a fully modular 80+ gold that is 700w or above.

To be use for i9 10908e and 5700xt.

Please recommend.

Thanks.
Hi,

i have had good luck with ANTEC High Current Gamer, 850w, before that for another system Antec 1200w Quattro (this is now an older unit)

go for one with good warranty 10+ years!

Antec,
Corsair
EVGA
Seasonic

Be Quiet looks good but only have a short warranty 5 years i believe

good luck

Don't know your budget, but Seasonic px-850 platinum prime with 12 year warranty was $199.99 from amazon last week.
Hmm just checked - only listing I see now is $499.99 ... that is odd. Maybe it will come back at that price.

I just picked up a super flower leadex 850 lll gold for 149.99 at amazon. Ive had great luck with my evga super flower built psus and couldnt beat the price or availability.

I think i have to budget down a bit. So instead of the 10980XE I am going for the 10940X.

Then maybe a 5600XT and a Gigabyte Vision D.

What would be the best budget PSU that would last a long time ?

Considering you need 500w for just the GPU and CPU, I would recommend expanding your budget to about $120 and as noted grab the seasonic focus gold 750w, EVGA 750 GQ, or the corsiar rm750x (you can get the rm850x for about $130 right now too if you wanted a bit more wiggle room)
All three of those have 10 year warranties and the Japanese capacitors. (the GQ is cheapest at $115 but semi-modular)

We use EVGA in our personal and clients builds. Shop around and buy the best one in your price range.

Back