Calling all [H] FFXIV players.

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
What servers are you on? Do you not think it's time to gather and form the FC to rule all FCs, or at the least a cross-server linkshell or static?

Pandemica Grimsdottir
Server: Hyperion
Data center: Primal
Currently considering transferring back to the Aether data center.

I got into this with the new xpac had to create a second service account as they wanted my 1st active 1st to put add the expats on it, I had a lv10 I looked and went meh and did a second one for me + wife with ps5 starters and pc endwalker

Edda Mommy
Server: Coeurl
Data Center: Crystal
Arcanist Level 31.

I am just starting out. Entirely brand new. Yea a anyone interested in helping a noob? Not new at all to pc gaming or mmorpg’s, just this game.

I am just starting out. Entirely brand new. Yea a anyone interested in helping a noob? Not new at all to pc gaming or mmorpg’s, just this game.
Even though I'm level 31 I'm a noob here.
Some things to know.....

Start off doing the main quest.

Towns/cities will have upper and lower 'decks'. Make sure if you cant find something that you are on the correct level.

The map is horrible, at least to me. You'll be given a quest with no idea where it actually is. Oh it will tell you but unfortunately the map does not have an arrow or symbol until you are actually in the area of the quest. I find it frustrating.

Targeting isn't always so easy...for me. In a group setting....raid/dungeons etc I had to go into the settings and turn off all the effects for the others, otherwise I cant tell whats going on. It looks like fireworks. I'm still trying to figure out my optimal setting for that.

Great game though!

Man I tried to get into this game, but too much traveling around and dialogue.

Man I tried to get into this game, but too much traveling around and dialogue.
That what everyone praises it for is the story. I think it was meh honestly. Traveling around gets easier once you get mounts and unlock flying in zones which will be a PITA to do. I personally only sub 2 or 3 month out of the 2 year expansion cycle. I subbed a week before endwalker came and cancel my sub after I completed the expansion. I might resub again for a month after a year and just before the next expansion pack comes out. There is no point in keeping the sub going for endless repetitive grind.

I mean, you can skip the cut scenes.
Yea, I did. But the MSQ is sort of the core of the game.

I'm probably the wrong person to even be talking about it. My ideal game is running the same thing a hundred times over. If I could, I'd run maps in Path of Exile for ten hours straight no issue. I'll farm dungeons in World of Warcraft for an entire day. I can, and have, farmed TOI in Lineage ][ for 72h straight. I don't give a rats ass about stories. XD

Bought the game. Super fast and easy to level to 50. Now the real game starts according to everyone I know who plays.

Back