Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

Got roughly a 8-10 fps boost with the latest. (1080p 3060ti) Tho that is coming from the middle of October driver.

Not average, but semi above average I'd say. I went ahead and tested a Xim Apex on the Xbox, and my kdr is about 4 with that vs barely 1 on the PC with a mkb, though I only ran a few games. It doesn't have the flick that the mouse allows, but I can hold down the shoot button, whereas on the PC, I have to tap to adjust for recoil. Long range I do decent, but short range I'll get owned. And you have things like Cronos Zen, which even allow for the game to adjust and give you zero recoil on the console. (It's like a Xim on steroids).
Ok since you mentioned it I went out and bought one to try. Did some youtube research on it before I decided to buy it. First off, being able to use my xbox elite controller on PS4 is amazing. Second no fucking wonder people say the zen is a cheat device. I played sparingly last week and kept watching people's kill cam and wondering how the fuck are they aiming so well and snapping to people and getting headshots so much. Is anti cheating not working? Well now I know why all these damn streamers have one.

I bought this game right after release. I was using an older Nvidia driver with my 3070ti and I never had any crashes. At some point the game did an update, and it started crashing with the same driver. I just downloaded the new Nvidia Game Ready driver and it's running at a higher FPS than it was previously, but still crashing maybe every third multiplayer game. Pretty frustrating. I'm 'verifying integrity of game files' now, but there definitely still seems to be some issues with this game. I may throw in my Radeon VII or RX 6800 and see if it runs any better.

I have heard multiple big streamers have dropped this game because of the "aim assist" which is basically the opposite of what an FPS game should really be. How could they actually allow this? This is a joke to players. It makes no sense. Whoever is ok with this is missing the point of a first-person shooter game because it is no longer fair. No matter your skill level who wants to play an unfair game? This is mind boggling lol

I have heard multiple big streamers have dropped this game because of the "aim assist" which is basically the opposite of what an FPS game should really be. How could they actually allow this? This is a joke to players. It makes no sense. Whoever is ok with this is missing the point of a first-person shooter game because it is no longer fair. No matter your skill level who wants to play an unfair game? This is mind boggling lol

Not surprised, the whole situation in online gaming these days is a joke. Basically any online competition now you an expect a large amount of cheaters, our morals in the West have gone off a cliff.

How people have fun cheating I'll never know

Don't know if we should start another thread for Warzone. Launches tomorrow at 18:00 UTC.
warzone 2 is suppose to be 115gb yet the preload is 17gb. kinda defeats the purpose of a preload if we gotta download another 100gb.
Maybe the preload is smaller if you have MW2 installed already?

Last edited:
is Warzone a battle royale or an objective based shooter?

is Warzone a battle royale or an objective based shooter?
Battle royale. Going to be impossible to play if you aren’t using a game pad given they have aim bot out to insane ranges.

Battle royale. Going to be impossible to play if you aren’t using a game pad given they have aim bot out to insane ranges.
I have been playing MW2 and was wondering what happens if I hook up a Xim3 to my PC to use mouse and keybaord through it.
The game should see that I have a gamepad, so does using a gamepad on a PC automatically turn on aim assist or is it only for console players?
I might try it tonight and see what happens, just have to find my Xim3 and wired Xbox controller.

I have been playing MW2 and was wondering what happens if I hook up a Xim3 to my PC to use mouse and keybaord through it.
The game should see that I have a gamepad, so does using a gamepad on a PC automatically turn on aim assist or is it only for console players?
I might try it tonight and see what happens, just have to find my Xim3 and wired Xbox controller.
It should.

I tried playing the campaign with a controller to see if the aim assist was there, and to see if it was even a viable option for me. The aim assist is for sure there but it feels incredibly weird to me and I can’t make good use of it. I haven’t used a controller in an fps since Halo 2 and it shows, so it’s definitely not an option for me. It’s complete bs anyway.

I booted up Cold War and played some various HC matches and was instantly getting like 2:1 kdr. I’m lucky to get 0.5:1 in MW2. I mean I’ve had a couple ok matches and even won a couple FFA but still.

I’d wager before too long COD will F2P and P2W. So mad at myself for spending $70 on this trash.

Last edited:
I tried playing the campaign with a controller to see if the aim assist was there, and to see if it was even a viable option for me. The aim assist is for sure there but it feels incredibly weird to me and I can’t make good use of it. I haven’t used a controller in an fps since Halo 2 and it shows, so it’s definitely not an option for me. It’s complete bs anyway.

I booted up Cold War and played some various HC matches and was instantly getting like 2:1 kdr. I’m lucky to get 0.5:1 in MW2. I mean I’ve had a couple ok matches and even won a couple FFA but still.

I’d wager before too long COD will F2P and P2W. So mad at myself for spending $70 on this trash.
You have to specifically change off the default option to 'black ops' aim assist mode. There is then a marginal learning curve where you just have to learn to not touch the aim/view stick, and just use your movement stick only for the most part. Any rotational movement in this mode will automatically fix your crosshairs on anything in your FOV, the trick is to just learn to not manual aim at all. The rotational aim 'assist' does all the work for you as long as you are spamming rotational input to the movement control.

Fortunately, many console players haven't caught onto this because they just don't pay attention to anything, they just play the game. However, anyone playing with a controller/on console who is aware of this is abusing it big time, and just pairing it with the dumbass combination of a sniper rifle since they don't have to do any manual aiming, and just get instant 1 hit kills with like half-second reload times with the sniper rifle at pretty much any distance. All it takes is for one of these types of people to be playing in a match against you, and you have absolutely no chance in the world. They will wreck you as it's not an even playing field with mouse+keyboard at all.

You have to specifically change off the default option to 'black ops' aim assist mode. There is then a marginal learning curve where you just have to learn to not touch the aim/view stick, and just use your movement stick only for the most part. Any rotational movement in this mode will automatically fix your crosshairs on anything in your FOV, the trick is to just learn to not manual aim at all. The rotational aim 'assist' does all the work for you as long as you are spamming rotational input to the movement control.

Fortunately, many console players haven't caught onto this because they just don't pay attention to anything, they just play the game. However, anyone playing with a controller/on console who is aware of this is abusing it big time, and just pairing it with the dumbass combination of a sniper rifle since they don't have to do any manual aiming, and just get instant 1 hit kills with like half-second reload times with the sniper rifle at pretty much any distance. All it takes is for one of these types of people to be playing in a match against you, and you have absolutely no chance in the world. They will wreck you as it's not an even playing field with mouse+keyboard at all.

Oh wow I didn’t know that, ffs it just gets better and better. I’ll try it for shits and giggles but it’ll end there.

If I was primarily a console player I’d even be shitty about this.

Just give us the option to disable cross play AT THE VERY LEAST.

B7FF4D3A-5DAE-41E3-85E1-F945B7EF301A.jpeg

6FE6F486-F338-4999-B9C3-4F96A46C9065.jpeg

CC49208B-3597-4EE9-9D47-4065EDA500B1.jpeg

Oh wow I didn’t know that, ffs it just gets better and better. I’ll try it for shits and giggles but it’ll end there.

If I was primarily a console player I’d even be shitty about this.

Just give us the option to disable cross play AT THE VERY LEAST.

COD aiming is different than Halo aiming. COD aiming is the most stereotypical console garbage system there is.

COD is all about "quick scoping". You DO NOT aim down the sites waiting for the enemy. You wait until you see someone on your screen then tap aim down the sites, the crosshair automatically instantly aims directly at their body and you simply pull the trigger.
They completely consolized aiming, you barely move the sticks you just pull the triggers. They honestly just removed aiming from the game. It's almost always been this way.
Also in COD the kill time is extremely fast, so whoever shoots first gets the kill.

Halo also has a lot of aim assist, but it isn't quite as extreme. Kill times are generally slower, so you don't necessarily have to be the first to fire to win a fight.

Also in Halo CE the original Xbox version (not the MCC version) all the weapons shot projectiles, there wasn't hit scan. So even with aim assist you would not hit your shots if the other player "dodged". That isn't the case with new Halos and which nearly everything is hitscan.

Dang, was trying to dial in the mouse settings and the game booted me to install a 50GB update.
And it's only going at less than 5MB/s

EDIT: servers must be getting hammered as it was in the 500KB/s range for awhile now, and it just hit 50%.

Last edited:
I preloaded Warzone 2.0 for the hell of it.... at least it's on Steam now.... Let's see how it is.

I've been playing for a couple hours and I don't know if they made changes, but everyone I've played with has been using a mouse.

I've been playing for a couple hours and I don't know if they made changes, but everyone I've played with has been using a mouse.

I just did some testing, the normal Quick Play list is the same, a mix of mice and controllers. The new Shoot House list is limited to like controls.

Edit: It just went back to normal, I'm guessing the playlist just wasn't available on xbox and ps5 until now. Bummer.

Edit edit: Or not, I just joined another Shoot House list and it's all PCs and mice again. v0v

Last edited:
https://www.infinityward.com/news/2...season-01-patch-notes-and-warzone-2-0--launch

DMZ mode details:
We are excited to debut DMZ with the launch of Warzone 2.0. DMZ is a dangerous, diverse and deep open world experience where players can choose their level of intensity.

Borrowing from the full blog we posted last week, here are a few critical pieces of information ahead of your first infil to the Al Mazrah Exclusion Zone:
  • In DMZ, the conditions for winning are your own– you decide the stakes.
    • Players choose missions from three factions which level-up as you complete objectives. Each mission has a unique reward and missions get progressively harder.
    • Squads can pick up contracts in-world for extra cash and XP.
    • The many locked spaces in Al Mazrah can be opened with specific keys found around the map.
    • If you’ve had your fill and want an even harder challenge you can go after other operators and harvest whatever they have looted.
    • Exfil is always the ultimate goal.
  • When gearing up, players can choose between their Insured Weapons which are built from Gunsmith progression unlocks or from their Stash of Contraband Weapons. If an insured weapon is lost in the DMZ it goes on a cooldown. Players can wait for this cooldown or they can extract cash to speed up the time it takes to get their insured weapon back. Contraband weapons are weapons extracted from the DMZ. These cannot be changed and if they are lost, they are lost for good.
  • We look forward to players diving into the DMZ. We’re excited to see our community map out the many locked areas and we can’t wait to see all of your battles over the Weapons Case. Al Mazrah is a dangerous place… Our recommendation to all of you: conserve your ammo, stay with your squad and watch your six. Good hunting.
1668623714732.png

1668623767506.png

https://www.infinityward.com/news/2...season-01-patch-notes-and-warzone-2-0--launch

DMZ mode details:
We are excited to debut DMZ with the launch of Warzone 2.0. DMZ is a dangerous, diverse and deep open world experience where players can choose their level of intensity.

Borrowing from the full blog we posted last week, here are a few critical pieces of information ahead of your first infil to the Al Mazrah Exclusion Zone:
  • In DMZ, the conditions for winning are your own– you decide the stakes.
    • Players choose missions from three factions which level-up as you complete objectives. Each mission has a unique reward and missions get progressively harder.
    • Squads can pick up contracts in-world for extra cash and XP.
    • The many locked spaces in Al Mazrah can be opened with specific keys found around the map.
    • If you’ve had your fill and want an even harder challenge you can go after other operators and harvest whatever they have looted.
    • Exfil is always the ultimate goal.
  • When gearing up, players can choose between their Insured Weapons which are built from Gunsmith progression unlocks or from their Stash of Contraband Weapons. If an insured weapon is lost in the DMZ it goes on a cooldown. Players can wait for this cooldown or they can extract cash to speed up the time it takes to get their insured weapon back. Contraband weapons are weapons extracted from the DMZ. These cannot be changed and if they are lost, they are lost for good.
  • We look forward to players diving into the DMZ. We’re excited to see our community map out the many locked areas and we can’t wait to see all of your battles over the Weapons Case. Al Mazrah is a dangerous place… Our recommendation to all of you: conserve your ammo, stay with your squad and watch your six. Good hunting.
View attachment 527227

View attachment 527228
FYI, one of the new weapons is locked behind this, or you can always purchase it from the store.

Played several rounds of DMZ and it's actually pretty cool. A lite version of Tarkov's hardcoreness - loaded with goodies and such.... definitely a little hard. But I like it.

friends and I played a round of warzone till the social menu bugged out and we didn't spend enough time finding a work around. no first person trio mode. also, the graphics seem worse. why is the install size 3 times smaller than the old warzone? the looting seems worse too. feel like we're missing textures or something. whatever, its free lol

friends and I played a round of warzone till the social menu bugged out and we didn't spend enough time finding a work around. no first person trio mode. also, the graphics seem worse. why is the install size 3 times smaller than the old warzone? the looting seems worse too. feel like we're missing textures or something. whatever, its free lol
Here's the workaround (assuming this isn't fixed yet): Go to the Channels menu, make a new channel, then (still under the channel menu) go to Settings. You should be able to invite people to your channel from there.

Note: On Battle.Net I couldn't see my all friends who played on the XBS even though they are on my normal friends list, but we *eventually* got everyone into a party. Hopefully this does get fixed.

And yes, I saw missing bush textures in some areas.

Definately has some PUBG feels in regards to the inventory system, but plays reasonable well; 6-kill first game (3rd place), and with my main group we had a bunch more 3rd place finishes, mainly with me carrying. One oddity which goes back to the "normal" MW2 MP is that I sucked in MW1, but am apparently good in MW2; friends cases are the exact reverse. Not sure what the issue is (console vs PC, aim assist settings, etc.) but it is notable.

Just ran two DMZ games, first one all my squad quit out so I ran around solo...then got smoked at extract by a team. Second game squad stuck around, but wouldnt listen and got killed. So I ran around and got some stuff and got my butt out. Successful extract. I like DMZ, its what hazard zone should of been.

Yeah If you have people who can listen/work together, its an easy XP grind. And the proximity coms, are fucking great.
Few buddies and I wanted to go hit a strong hold, as we neared we hear 2 people on coms, they had no clue we could hear them. So we waited around. They talked about thow they were going to leave.
We set up an ambush, and walla easy $20k cash for each of us. Think end round netted about 19k XP.

Total clown world.

Back