Buying games addiction FOMO overdrive

I think I have more of a fear of missing out buying games addiction problem. I'll buy a game in say 2015 and never get around to sinkng any time into the thing. Always thinking this next game I purchase will fill that Void 5 times out of 10 it never does. Recently with so few games coming out that are good. Alot of games are early access so that is a problem which will shelve the game for months because with say BG3 the save file will never carry over.
Comixbooks needs sex in his life.

Comixbooks needs sex in his life.

I don't want kids period the problem with couples they get hooked up and all of a sudden they are at the hospital with their 3rd kid.
I believe people lose their ability to track and focus once they get that far in life. I'm sticking to Videogames.....
I get hit on all the time at work but it's less frequent now. I'm glad I never hooked up with someone more shallow than a videogame.

I don't want kids period the problem with couples they get hooked up and all of a sudden they are at the hospital with their 3rd kid.
I believe people lose their ability to track and focus once they get that far in life.
You know you can have sex without having kids, right?

Basically everyone hooked up has kids. Then you just want the kids to be normal if that doesn't happen there goes your entire life basically.

Basically everyone hooked up has kids. Then you just want the kids to be normal if that doesn't happen there goes your entire life basically.
I was joking but...I'm 40 enjoying the single life and without kids...just don't get involved with someone that wants kids, they'll ruin your freedom. Most women have this stupid delusional fairytale dream without realizing the amount of time and money involved in raising kids in this generation...but I've actually stopped binge buying over-hyped games ever since I bought my house.

I was joking but...I'm 40 enjoying the single life and without kids...just don't get involved with someone that wants kids, they'll ruin your freedom. Most women have this stupid delusional fairytale dream without realizing the amount of time and money involved in raising kids in this generation...but I've actually stopped binge buying over-hyped games ever since I bought my house.
Aren't you glad your parents didn't have the same sentiment? Seriously though, you'd have to be a sadist to have a child this day and age.

I don't. I'm 42 and have never spawned. I know a few others like myself. In fact, I think people not having kids is starting to become more common than it was in the past.

Aren't you glad your parents didn't have the same sentiment? Seriously though, you'd have to be a sadist to have a child this day and age.
It was a different time and generation and the cost of living in the 80s and 90s and thru the early part of 2000 was still manageable and sustainable. By 2004 I was already independent...given the choice I would not want to put my parents thru that in this current timeline.

Valheim is the most recent example of a game I purchased and played for twenty minutes before all my friends without kids moved on to Outriders.

I swear the fact the publishing companies pay these streamers to play their games is creating all this false hype and extremely short sighted behavior on the shoulders of the consumer. It's a great marketing strategy but it's causing a lot of this FOMO in my view.

Valheim is the most recent example of a game I purchased and played for twenty minutes before all my friends without kids moved on to Outriders.

I swear the fact the publishing companies pay these streamers to play their games is creating all this false hype and extremely short sighted behavior on the shoulders of the consumer. It's a great marketing strategy but it's causing a lot of this FOMO in my view.

I hope the over hype of Valheim doesn't hurt the game in the long run but I can't complain too much. I got 55 hours out of it over roughly a month of play. Thing is, I and the 3 friends I played it the most with have like no interest in the game now. Maybe once they do some major updates towards 1.0.

Back