Buyer Beware HTC VIVE over ONE MONTH for refund

l88bastard

2[H]4U
Heads up for anybody interested in buying from HTC.

I ordered a Vive Pro 2 when they first released, but after seeing all the terrible reviews regarding glare, narrow fov, etc, etc....I decided to send back unopened in brand new condition.

HTC received my return on 7/14/2021 and when I contacted them a few days later they claimed it was never received so I had to go to the UPS store and get them involved. After it was proven that HTC did infact receive the return on 7/14 they acknowledged receipt and then said it would take over a MONTH to return my money to me as I paid with paypal and they do not like paypal

So here we are 7/28 and still no refund for BRAND NEW unopened returned VP2, so I have opened a case with paypal.

What a shit bag company HTC is!

In fairness, I don't like Paypal either.

These types of things shouldn't be happening in the modern age. There's no excuse for not processing a return within 1-3 days after receiving it.

There is no reason it takes months, you can literally have money sent back to your CC these days even same day, paypal should be the same. They are just being lazy and slow. Sure they need to move money from some account into PayPal or something and accounting has to do some crap, but this is a sad excuse for keeping your money. This is why North America needs far better consumer protection laws.

They are probably hoping that in a month you have forgotten all about it and dont bother to check for your refund as I am sure most people would forget and just assume it was done..

Try to find higher ups in the company and start putting pressure on them.

1627505163948.png

1627505224638.png

1627505263148.png

There is no reason it takes months, you can literally have money sent back to your CC these days even same day, paypal should be the same. They are just being lazy and slow. Sure they need to move money from some account into PayPal or something and accounting has to do some crap, but this is a sad excuse for keeping your money. This is why North America needs far better consumer protection laws.

They are probably hoping that in a month you have forgotten all about it and dont bother to check for your refund as I am sure most people would forget and just assume it was done..

Try to find higher ups in the company and start putting pressure on them.

Yea they had my return for a full week and did not contact me or process it or do jack fucking shit. It took me to email them, get the run around that it was not delivered, then get UPS involved for them to admit that they had it in their possession. What the FUCK IS THAT SHIT?

Then I gave it ANOTHER week and still no refund, only to have them tell me it could take a month or even longer. That is straight up unacceptable and paypal better get their shit together as well because if us consumers constantly get punished for using paypal by retailers then we are gonna stop using them.

Amazon, returned a monitor as it was labeled new but was used, 2 days after they got it back, money was back on my card....one reason it is hard to stop shopping at Amazon or like Costco cause they make returns so god dam easy.

This is a case were I would file a charge back if not call over and over again until they fix there act.
Yep, chargeback filed at the two week mark. Defiantly puts a salty taste in my mouth for future orders from HTC

Amazon, returned a monitor as it was labeled new but was used, 2 days after they got it back, money was back on my card....one reason it is hard to stop shopping at Amazon or like Costco cause they make returns so god dam easy.
Well for those wanting a Vive Pro 2, Amazon will ship one direct to you, Prime which should ensure returns will be more easy. Shipped from and Sold by Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/HTC-Vive-Pro...keywords=HTC+Vive+Pro+2&qid=1627697847&sr=8-3

I too have had a very easy time shipping back damaged or bad items with Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well for those wanting a Vive Pro 2, Amazon will ship one direct to you, Prime which should ensure returns will be more easy. Shipped from and Sold by Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/HTC-Vive-Pro...keywords=HTC+Vive+Pro+2&qid=1627697847&sr=8-3

I too have had a very easy time shipping back damaged or bad items with Amazon.
Yea, well obviously you go RentaZon if you can...I had pre-ordered the Vive Pro 2 before it was available from retailers....going on Week 3 since they have had my return and over a month since I initiated return....still no refund.

In the time span that this has all been going on I have bought, tested, and returned an Aorus Fi32U & Acer X38 with no issues, hold up or delays with my money. (PG32UQX has spoiled me rotten).

HTC is pretty terrible. I'd rather spend more money and give my business to companies like Varjo, who wanna push the boundaries on innovation and customer service.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
They tried to completely stiff me in the UK when I tried to return my Vive (original), forgetting we have pretty good consumer protection here.
I'd already seen the Oculus Rift and the Vive came nowhere close, far too blurred. I didnt enjoy using it at all.
There was no response at all from support except automated. Not once did a human get involved.
Eventually I went to my bank because I bought with a credit card, with the long list of no responses, they sent a letter. There was also no response to that so the bank refunded me.
This sprung them into action because if left, that would give them a bad record, so they refunded me and told me to destroy the Vive. Talk about lazy/not caring!
The bank then took back their refund.

So I had a free Vive lol. I even got the shipping refunded.
I gave it away, it wasnt worth keeping.

Seems like awful bloody lot of headache having this middleman involved. Rather just use credit card nd leave paypal to shady places where you dont want credit card numbers sewn.

Uhh yea...well...ya know I like to sell some old tech stuff to help pay for new tech stuff...so my paypal account will accumulate over time and it makes it much easier to stomach an $858 purchase when you got $700 sitting in your paypal to reduce the wallet pain.

Back