Budget Gaming Laptop around 1k?

Sven_Lee

Limp Gawd
Looking for a good gaming laptop in the 1k range.

So I have been out of the PC building and gaming scene for quite a while now. I used to build my own PC rigs for myself, friends, family, etc. However, years ago I chose an off the grid lifestyle, so a laptop is a little more ideal for me.

I am not exactly up to date on current technology of the past 10 years, but it seems mostly the same. So I am not sure what the best option for a laptop would be, or where to find the best deal, and what to look for, these days.

I used to order a lot of my parts from Newegg and a couple of other suppliers back in the day. I see Newegg looks like it's still a good option but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me?

What I want/need in a laptop-

USB ports. I would prefer at least 4 for peripherals like keyboard, mouse, hard drives, etc.

No cooling issues. The last laptop, an HP, would overheat constantly.

Preferably a bigger screen. My HP was a 17inch

Best graphics card / processor for the price

Something I can upgrade later on down the road, this needs to last me at least 5 years. My last HP lived about 10 years.

And a Numpad built in would be great, but I wouldn't cry if it didn't have one :D

And another question, can I remove windows 10 from these new laptops and install windows 7? Just because I have heard windows 10 is terrible and a lot of games I still play have issues with it.

As I said I am working with a budget of about 1k USD.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out on this.

Good lord.. Still waiting for unemployment money. As soon as it comes in I still plan on purchasing a new laptop. Been fighting with trying to get ahold of them and I may finally be getting paid. I have been very busy and very little time to research my options. I am leaning towards a model in the 1,500 USD range. Preferably RTX graphics and something I can keep using for 6 to 10 years, possibly upgrade down the road? Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

Well I ended up choosing an MSI Leopard GL75. I'm pretty stoked with it so far. Still trying to get used to the Windows 7 to Windows 10 transition. Wondering if I can get away with uninstalling the MSI Dragon Center bloatware bullshit or do I really need it? Anyone have any tips for tweaking MSI laptops? Definitely going to work on stripping down Windows 10 services.. Screw Microsoft! :D

I have found out a few laptops that would be good for gaming and also have a scope for an upgrade.

Acer Aspire 7i7GTX 1050 Ti
Lenovo IdeaPad L340i5GTX 1650
ASUS TUF FX504i7GTX 1050 Ti
Dell G3579i7GTX 1050 Ti

I hope these laptops are good for your budget.
If you want to have one of the best rigs then go for Asus ROG.
I do not have much knowledge about ROGs but you would find hot-cake deals if you dig deep into it.

AMD 8 core chips are being released in many laptops this year for good deal, check those out.

Back