BSOD amdkmdag.sys

killroy67

[H]ard|Gawd
So tonight I got a BSOD which is apparently caused by amdkmdag.sys

This is the information in the dump file:

On Tue 2/23/2021 8:09:50 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: amdkmdag.sys (0xFFFFF8042272EAE0)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8042272EAE0, 0xFFFFF40ED3E763B8, 0xFFFFF40ED3E75BF0)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0364232.inf_amd64_ac01b1fb8d253d0b\B364161\amdkmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: amdkmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: amdkmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I found a lot of people having this similar problems but no success in finding a real fix, if there is one. Everything on my system is updated, I ran DDU before installing the Radon driver, so is this common or is this a random error?

what were you doing? is this the only time? what driver version are you on?

I was in Windows 10 just surfing the web, so far it's the only time and Im using the latest set 21.2.3

worth checking for updated firmware for the new card....try slightly underclocking and or manual settings in radeon settings? its been extremly rare i ever got full bsods from video card driver unless i was trying unstable settings like undervolting....might try upping gpu voltage and what not....not that it should be necesary but it happens

worth checking for updated firmware for the new card....try slightly underclocking and or manual settings in radeon settings? its been extremly rare i ever got full bsods from video card driver unless i was trying unstable settings like undervolting....might try upping gpu voltage and what not....not that it should be necesary but it happens
Thanks for the response, I did a complete uninstall of the drivers and ran DDU again in safe mode, so far its been fine so I'm going with this is maybe just a random incident rather then a major problem. The card has performed very well in games and that is the most important, if it pisses Windows 10 off now and then I wont be too concerned.

Back