Blurry PlayStation 4 Console Shots

HardOCP News

[H] News
A day ahead of Microsoft's next-gen Xbox reveal, Sony has posted a video with blurry shots of the PS4 interlaced with close ups of various parts of the console. Sorry Sony, you are going to need more than this to steal Microsoft's thunder tomorrow.

Methinks they're being a tad bit too coy. Either show the stupid thing or not, I don't really care that much, one way or another. But not showing it at the Sony show, and then showing these little teasers, is kind of annoying.

I'd put money on ME showing off the actual console at the conference tomorrow. They'll probably throw a jab at Sony in there while they do it too.

I suspect they want to hold off the full reveal until Microsoft's announcement tomorrow. Sony will try to steal some of the MS thunder and show a full gallery of pictures.

Fail movie is still a fail movie... Sony, playing the game the only way they know how these days... Failing miserably day in, day out..

I sincerely hope Microsoft does show off its console, I really do.

BUT

At this point, thanks to Sony's weak ass announcement, Microsoft doesn't have to show shit either :(

They can just do what Sony did, list a bunch of games / exclusives / features, hardware we already know is going to be in the consoles and then show off a controller.

All that makes me think about is how much work went into producing a teaser video like that without actually leaking any images of the console.

That poor Japanese video crew is going to be locked up in that room until June 10.

How to steal Microsoft's thunder:
Sony continues to let users use apps for free without a PS+ account. If I were Sony, I would be endlessly touting how the PlayStation platform does things for free that otherwise cost money on the 360.

How to steal Microsoft's thunder:
Sony continues to let users use apps for free without a PS+ account. If I were Sony, I would be endlessly touting how the PlayStation platform does things for free that otherwise cost money on the 360.

I'm not sure how others feel about paying for multiplayer, but I agree with you 100% that programs like Netflix should not be tied to a Gold account. :rolleyes:

I could care less what either system looks like. Not that I will never buy one. Even after I buy a console, I never stare at it and go look at that Playstation logo, glad I bought it over the new XBOX or vice versa.

Actually I think their ploy is working. The goal I imagine is to get people talking about the PS4 and so far .. it appears to have had the desired effect. Granted the video was not good, but sill people are chatting about the PS4 a day before the Xbox reveal ...

Am I sexually repressed because at 0:14 the first thing that flashed in my head was woman wearing yoga pants with unusually large gap between her legs? :D

Actually I think their ploy is working. The goal I imagine is to get people talking about the PS4 and so far .. it appears to have had the desired effect. Granted the video was not good, but sill people are chatting about the PS4 a day before the Xbox reveal ...
I don't see anyone here talking about the PS4, as much to say as they are talking about how sad Sony has become.

Cheesy zoom-in effect, check. Terrible music, check.

If they had shown the console people would be having a meaningful discussion about its appearance. As it stands now, people are just pissing all over this video. That's a failure, not a success.

You guys don't know much about advertising.

Sony is doing what they wanted.

I suspect the PS4 will look like a game console as opposed to, say, a ham sandwich. I've been wrong before, though.

All of the close up shots in the video don't show anything impressive to me. I see some perforated plastic and some fan vents, and maybe some rubber feet? Hopefully it will all look good together, but you can't tell for now. I won't be buying one either way.

It's just a box. As long as it's easy to use, doesn't look like a total eyesore,isn't too massive, and the disk tray is easy to reach I don't really care that much about how it looks.

Stupid, pointless video IMO. I guess the idea is to drum up hype, but the video was just poorly thought-out.

Sony is showing the console June 10th, right before E3. That way E3 will be all about the games!

Wow that made me feel like I was going to have a seizure, not any more curious about the PS4.

This is actually brilliant marketing. Get the fans and the haters going with the blurry images, hoping for the "true reveal" soon - which both groups will seek out. All right before MS big announcement.

I'm repeating others, but most of you apparently don't understand marketing (and how much they got ya already).

This is a pretty bad way to hype up their console. They are just doing this because of all the backlash they got for announcing the PS4 and not showing anything but the controller and games.

About the whole "smart move by Sony...get people talking about the PS4"...apparently you guys are believe the ol' "any press is good press" or you don't realize the company is still trying to overcome the last few months of massively negative press they got for not showing the console in the first place.

Today, they are REPEATING the same mistake with this video.

Well, one thing is for sure, Sony sure is consistent....the last five years of straight losses has proved that. :(

I have my fingers crossed the PS4 will help them pull out of the nosedive.

It could look like a giant pink dildo, it really doesn't matter.

It's still going to be quite a bit more powerful than the Xbox whatever (probably about the same cost too), and doesn't have Microsofts ads and pay monthly scheme morons fall for.

Also, due to the relationships they've built with developers and the shit treatment Microsoft has given them (like it has on PC too), it looks like it has many more, better games (plus Xbox exclusives are all dire and generic anyway). :p

About the whole "smart move by Sony...get people talking about the PS4"...apparently you guys are believe the ol' "any press is good press" or you don't realize the company is still trying to overcome the last few months of massively negative press they got for not showing the console in the first place.

Today, they are REPEATING the same mistake with this video.

Well, one thing is for sure, Sony sure is consistent....the last five years of straight losses has proved that. :(

I have my fingers crossed the PS4 will help them pull out of the nosedive.

Technically, they JUST posted a gains. Hints that maybe they are going into the Realtor Business?

Unlike Microsoft who have had even worse press, and have burnt bridges everywhere, with manufacturer's and most importantly developers. The way it looks now the next Xbox is going the Nintendo route with fewer games and a focus on their bland first part (sort of) titles as everyone else has gotten sick the death of their ways (and surcharges).

Then the always online ghosts are still out there. So it looks like they are screwing over customers more than ever. I still don't get how literate people fall for crap like Xbox live where you're paying to access a peer to peer network. :confused:

Back