Blurry PlayStation 4 Console Shots

All they need to do is ad some JJ Abrams lens flairs and some Micheal Bay explosions and they have a summer blockbuster!

Honestly all I'm hoping from Microsoft tomorrow is to show most of the rumors being stupid and wrong (or just misinterpreted like the "Always On" thing), and that they're either adding some actual damn value to their Xbox Live Gold membership, or not requiring it anymore.

Honestly all I'm hoping from Microsoft tomorrow is to show most of the rumors being stupid and wrong (or just misinterpreted like the "Always On" thing), and that they're either adding some actual damn value to their Xbox Live Gold membership, or not requiring it anymore.

As much as I was pissed about the 'always on' BS, I am fairly certain it was a shitty rumor and will not happen. I'd really like to see Netflix/Hulu available without the Gold membership, and maybe something like Sony's offering where you can pay and get games as part of the membership.

Sony's new PS4 ad is just to drum up some more publicity so people don't forget about them. Just to keep their name out there, with little subsistence. It seems to be working. People are talking about them, the June date is getting out there....

This is going to fail overall. Sony's attempt at entertainment will stop right here. This is make or break for the playstation.

How exactly? Especially compared to Microsoft?

By having more games, better exclusives, a free online service and a much much more reliable console? :confused:

More games? Better exclusives? That's highly debateable. Xbox live also has better performance and more people using it, meaning a larger community and more likely to have people to play against. Also, Xbox live had a lot more video based applications than PSN, and has features to make it a better experience.

However, none of the advantages that Xbox Live has are anything that can't be copied and improved upon. That's why I'm hoping Microsoft drops the damn pay requirement or at least justifies the price.

As much as I was pissed about the 'always on' BS, I am fairly certain it was a shitty rumor and will not happen. I'd really like to see Netflix/Hulu available without the Gold membership, and maybe something like Sony's offering where you can pay and get games as part of the membership.

Sony's new PS4 ad is just to drum up some more publicity so people don't forget about them. Just to keep their name out there, with little subsistence. It seems to be working. People are talking about them, the June date is getting out there....

"Always On" is, if I'm right, a completely misinterpreted thing. The next Xbox goes into sleep mode instead of turning off so it can accept emails, game requests, skype requests, game and system updates and download games while you're away from the console. If an online connection is available, it uses it. If not, it won't. But it'll still function. That's what I would expect from a sane company, though.

This is about denying MS from building up any momentum in the buzz about the xbox. But its kind of doing the same to themselves. I think Sony is shooting for the tie with MS in the console competition.

Someone should take all the clear shots and reconstruct a 3D model of the system...

No. I have both. Sony has just REALLY let me down these past few years.

Weird since that's exactly how I feel about 360 aka shooter box. No interesting exclusives have come out this past year. Since online works just as well for me, and free, on PS3 I’ve quickly become more of a Sony fanboy.

I half expect the reveal tomorrow to show a new Gears of War and Halo 5 with Kinect 2.0 abilities.

The problem with the video is that even with the limited view you can tell it's just going to look like the PS3 but slightly different. It's not like the blurred image was some crazy, cool looking shape that left me going, "Oooh, I really want to see what it looks like!". It was just a fucking black box and they showed a bunch of images of fan vents that practically could have been taken directly off the PS3.

Some people claim this was a successful marketing technique...I guess me giving even less of a fuck about the PS4 until we see some games was a success for Sony? :rolleyes:

How exactly? Especially compared to Microsoft?

By having more games, better exclusives, a free online service and a much much more reliable console? :confused:
I was one of the few who were burned when they were broken into, and information stolen from them. Not something I'm proud of, but none the less I was affected..

It's just a box. As long as it's easy to use, doesn't look like a total eyesore,isn't too massive, and the disk tray is easy to reach I don't really care that much about how it looks.

It would have to be awfully large to dissuade me from buying one, I have a Fractal R3 sitting permanently next to my TV and it isn't a problem/

I was one of the few who were burned when they were broken into, and information stolen from them. Not something I'm proud of, but none the less I was affected..

Two of my coworkers here got hacked and lost a few hundred dollars each on 360. They went through a huge headache to get their money back but did.

I lost nothing with the PS3 hack. Did you because I have yet to hear a soul losing anything from it?

Two of my coworkers here got hacked and lost a few hundred dollars each on 360. They went through a huge headache to get their money back but did.

I lost nothing with the PS3 hack. Did you because I have yet to hear a soul losing anything from it?

I did.. nothing life-ending, but I lost none-the-less..

Really? How much money was lost?

Was it more than the 3 people I know who were defrauded on Xbox Live (which Microsoft still wont address or do anything about, and the support staff have all been, from what I've been told, completely useless and slow)? That was for around $100 each, and none of them got free games afterwards (though the money was gotten back from CC and PayPal filing claims after MS didn't even respond).

Also, do not confuse my ire for Sony as Praising for M$ either..

Also, do not confuse my ire for Sony as Praising for M$ either..

Fair enough. I just grew out of 360. I believe it had a great start but nothing to keep my interest going for it. PS3 has great exclusives and more to come this year. Yet I'll admit it took Sony awhile to get there they won me over in the end.

Then again I could just simply be bitter my 4th 360 is dying. This time I believe the optics. Others were video card dying and RRoD of course.

Who gives a fuck what it looks like? Jesus , we play these consoles , not stare at them for hours thinking of how wonderful they would look as art deco furniture pieces.

Useless hype. Great sign for this new PS4..

Who gives a fuck what it looks like? Jesus , we play these consoles , not stare at them for hours thinking of how wonderful they would look as art deco furniture pieces.

Useless hype is the name of the game in modern consumer electronic marketing.

In this universe, and doubtless in some others, there are these things called "wives". They care about these things. As a result, men who have wives have to care about these things also, because we know they care, and because we like their breasts.

It's a complex relationship between aesthetics, caring and breasts that can't really be explained to the layman.

In this universe, and doubtless in some others, there are these things called "wives". They care about these things. As a result, men who have wives have to care about these things also, because we know they care, and because we like their breasts.

It's a complex relationship between aesthetics, caring and breasts that can't really be explained to the layman.

Right. My ex-wife , didn't give two flying shits about video games (except WoW) and couldn't have gave less of shit about how the console "looked".

Aesthetics are something but hype over a console that you'll be spending almost no time actually looking is not worth hyping over.

And also I think these new consoles were LESS hyped up than the Xbox 360 or the PS3 which had so much hype surrounding them that people were basically going crazy over it.

I'm excited for the PS4. Day one purchase by me. Xbox infinity however, they better be doing something good, cause the 360 didn't impress me, what with their lackluster exclusives.

As someone who owned both a 360 and a ps3, Sony will be getting my money day one. Unless between PlayStation plus, free multiplayer and heaps of exclusives I can't play anywhere else, ms are going to have to blow me away. In the last 3 years my Xbox has been turned on to play forza a few times, a bit of trials evolution (which is now on pc), and that's about it. Ps3 in the other hand has been getting a regular workout. Really sucks that other that gears, halo and forma, ms have nothing really in the way of exclusives.

Thing that bothers me about both of them is they'll make new controllers required, sucks cos imo the 360 pad is just about perfect.

FAIL. But honestly I'm betting it'll look pretty good to steal some MS thunder. Sony isn't gonna be stupid this time, they can't be.

It's just a box. As long as it's easy to use, doesn't look like a total eyesore,isn't too massive, and the disk tray is easy to reach I don't really care that much about how it looks.

I'd have to agree, some of these people on here talk about a console like its a center piece for their damn living room or something. I've had probably every console since the 2600 and never had somebody walk in the room an compliment how it looks.

Hype is part of marketing irrespective of what product or it's quality. Between it's announcement and release, Sony, Microsoft etc. need to keep the interest in their product up at all time, and especially when the competitor is going to announce something big that will shift the consumer's attention towards them. Sony or anyone in their position will have to keep pulling the consumer's attention back to the PS4 until it's released.

Microsoft will probably do the same. They are not going to give everything out and have nothing more to show to attract people's attention until the actual release.

I only use a console for the 3-4 LAN party nights during the year with the guys. Whichever one they all buy, I'll buy. Sony lost the round against the 360 on that front. Other than that I just prefer my PC.

How is anyone saying the video is a fail??? They clearly got out of it what they wanted... And that is people talking about it! Clearly that was the intention considering Microsoft's unveiling is today. Sony is keeping the PS4 fresh on peoples mind so it may take the impact of Microsoft away. We will see the console soon enough.

Back