MuscleNerd

Limp Gawd
All

I just built my girlfriend her first PC:

Ryzen 2700x
RTX 2070
Corsair 32gb 3200 Vengeance Pro RGB
Asus x470 Mobo

and the install went great. Everything booted on first attempt, windows installed with no errors, all seemed well. Then she started to get blue screens that read "Attempted write to readonly memory".

I run the memory test that windows provides and it told me my computer has memory problems, so I went to the next step, stress test.

I ran Aida64 and did a system memory stress test and it failed within seconds due to "Warning:Hardware failure detected! Test stopped"

Is the ram faulty? I did not increase voltage, but I didn't think I would need to since it booted right up.

32GB can be hard on Ryzen 2### you may need to increase vdimm and SoC to help the memory controller out.
Latest BIOS will likely help with memory stability.

Best way to find out if you have a bad stick of RAM is to test one at a time.

32GB can be hard on Ryzen 2### you may need to increase vdimm and SoC to help the memory controller out.
Latest BIOS will likely help with memory stability.

Best way to find out if you have a bad stick of RAM is to test one at a time.

I'll start with a bios update and see how that goes!

Thats a bad idea with an unstable system. I would get the memory issue squared away first.
What timings and voltage is the memory running at?

i'd bump the voltage. ive seen plenty of corsair that needs extra juice. try adding .1v.

I fixed it, thank you guys for the help. Updated bios and used the XMP profile instead of just increasing the speed, easy fix.

I had this problem but I had a memory boot error will retry it kept saying. I just didn't have the memory seated with the click on the back as well as the latch on the front.

XMP for the safe win. The only memory tweak I bothered with lately is going 2T to 1T on command rate.

Back