Big Navi is coming

What Lisa Sue presented was Big Navi => Navi 21. Which part? RX 6800XT or RX6900XT. If the 6800XT competes with the RTX 3080 then the 6900XT will compete with the RTX 3090. We do not know how much headroom these chips have, Nvidia 3080 and 3090 basically has none over their stock configurations or very little in general. So knowing those performance numbers at 4K for Big Navi, most likely not OC or set, still can have significant changes as well as having significant clock speed potential.

What Lisa Sue presented was Big Navi => Navi 21. Which part? RX 6800XT or RX6900XT. If the 6800XT competes with the RTX 3080 then the 6900XT will compete with the RTX 3090. We do not know how much headroom these chips have, Nvidia 3080 and 3090 basically has none over their stock configurations or very little in general. So knowing those performance numbers at 4K for Big Navi, most likely not OC or set, still can have significant changes as well as having significant clock speed potential.

Moore’s law is dead thinks that Herkleman stressed they didn’t specify which card they were using. Also they are still fine tuning things. Meaning probably not set on clocks yet.

I have a gut feeling the card they showed was notch below top navi. 72 CU cut down version of the top die at 80. But even if you look at nvidias own benchmark they have 3080 at 60 FPS at borderlands 4K. Or it could be too.

Redgamingtech tech got 75 ish on in gears 5.

And border lands is all over the place so it’s hit and miss. Some reviews have it in the 80s and some reviews have it 100+. Probably because of reviews using different settings but ultra is in the 80s mostly I believe. So I do think it’s performing closer to 3080. And shit if it’s using less power and more ram I’ll buy it eays for 599.99. And I am sure it will probably OC 5-10-% to squeeze more performance.

AMD rarely if ever sandbags when they show off a product. Remember when they showed off an 8-core CPU (that would later be revealed to be the 3800X) and said it gamed better than an 9700K? They were technically correct because it was Forza Motorsport that it was gaming in, and it was still a great product, but they showed it in the BEST POSSIBLE LIGHT.

Chances are those benchmarks shown have Raytracing disabled for a reason, and the selection of games is probably hand-picked to show off the BEST numbers they have to offer.

Even then it’s fairly close to 3080 in games they showed and they have an entire event to go so I doubt they are going to give everything not save anything for the event. Don’t be surprised if they showed the model just below the top model. Because they are not likely going to have just one carbs. There is probably a 72 CU card.

It does sound good though if they say hey remember what we showed you it wants the top card lol. Either west this is still a decent performer.

Nvidia’s own chart has borderlands around 60fps at 4K.

AMD is generally $100 higher than it should be so I am going with $699.

I'm inclined to agree. I think AMD is trying to drop their "budget" reputation. Look at the Ryzen 3 prices... it appears as though they've made a fantastic CPU, but they definitely priced it in line with their positive performance in that sector right now. If Big Navi gets close to a 3080, even if it ultimately comes up short, I still see them trying to nail that price point. They can play up the extra 6GB of VRAM. Also, if Nvidia is still having supply issues next month, that would further allow AMD to command a higher price, as the 3080's price doesn't mean shit if you can't buy one.

Nvidia and Intel have set the performance tier prices. Ryzen 5000 is and Big Navi will be market priced and not an undercut so much. AMD would be foolish to leave margin on the table when they actually have something that competes. BUT it would be nice if they came in 50-100 less on GPU tiers of course.

Back