BFG LS-450 power supply - $49.99

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010
Now, for a limited time, the BFG LS-450 power supply is only $49.99 with FREE GROUND SHIPPING! (Save $40!)
Use coupon code, "LS450SAVE" during checkout.

• 80 Plus Certified
  • Quiet 120MM Fan
  • Rated at continuous output at 40C
  • All cables fully sleeved
  • HardOCP Editor's Choice Gold Award
  • Recommended by JonnyGURU.com (9.5/10 Score)
Only available through the BFG Store.
Order yours today!

just got this email from BFG.. figured id pass it on to you guys as well..

Man... freakin tempting...
If this deal was on the MX680 (proportional of course, lol, not expecting a $50 MX680), I would bite right away.

Alas, my $$$ is tied up in a temp video card while my BFG GTX260 is being RMA'd.

for lack of a better place to post about this on this forum...

I ordered this part last Thursday night and as of this moment they are still processing my order. Does anyone have experience ordering from this store? Are they extremely sluggish to process orders and ship them?

A few moments later I ordered a slew of parts from newegg and according to the tracking information that I received already, they are most likely going to be delivered tomorrow. I know that Newegg is the of the best places to order from but it will be really sad if I end up with my newegg order in my hands before the bfgstore even ships.

Not sure whats up with your order, I can tell you that I didn't have any problems with this deal. I ordered mine on the 19th, it shipped on the 20th, and I had in my hands on the 23rd. Would have been the 22nd, but fedex decided to be lazy. I wonder if they got hit with alot of orders for it or something? That sucks dude, I know I how much I hate waiting for stuff, especially when it takes forever to ship, so I can sympathize. Hopefully you'll get a shipping confirmation this evening still or at least by tomorrow. If it doesn't ship by wednesday, I'd definetly shoot them off an email or give them a call to see what's up. Remember, it's only been 3 business days since you ordered. Sometimes we get spoiled by places like Newegg.

Mine's powering my low-power, mini-itx based ESXi server powering untangle and WHS. However some mishaps occurred after installing the PSU (not related to the PSU install) and now it appears that hardware will get replaced. I'd like to go low power again, but I have specific constraints and because of those constraints, low power is more costly than building a much more powerful system. So I may instead just say screw it and build a dual cpu setup. I wonder how low power a dual Xeon system could be coerced to? If I do go with a high power setup for the replacement, I have no idea what this PSU will get used for. Maybe just a bench testing PSU.

I'm basically wanting to condense 3 computers down into 1 running vmware for virtualization. 2 running linux and 1 as a windows 2003/2008 DC running services such as dhcp, fileserver, rras. I'llalso be able to go up to gigabit xfers on my lan while reducing power consumption with the one pc. That is why I was wondering if this PSU would accomodate my setup. I think it will. I asked some guys in another thread who were talking about this particular one and they said it should work.

Here's the thread:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1034033256

Are you upgrading or building a new/second rig?

I'm building another HTPC soon. Nothing hard core like a gaming rig. I originally had a Corsair 400W for the HTPC, but had to use it in my server when my Enermax infiniti died. I've learned that it is never a bad idea to have a backup PSU anyway. It is not if, but when they will bite the bullet.

Would you suggest this for my situation?

Going from a 8800gs to a gtx 260.

My specs are E7300, and 4gb of ram.

What is your current PSU?

spv-label.jpe

The 500

Here are your directions.
A; Throw that psu out the window and run like hell.
B; Go buy just about ANYUTHING else, lol. The only thing is that a GTX 260 pulls a lot of power, and I do not know that a 450w psu will do it. Maybe the LS-550 instead.

The BFG website says the BFG GTX260 OCX needs a 525w psu, so the LS550 should be fine...

Back