Better wifi

I need to be able to stream to 3 TV’s out in that shed to the left…. It’s about 100 feet from the router inside the house…. I took this picture standing right over the top of the router. Right now there is an echo dot out there that has trouble connecting sometimes so I know I’m going to have issues with tge TV’s how can I strengthen my signal out there? Router is inside the house right in the window… shed it 2x4 framed with no insulation. I currently have a TP-Link Archer A7
BC4BB24D-403F-4BBB-8937-B60DED8290EC.jpeg

May sound too easy but do you have the broad side of the antennas facing the shed? You don't want the tip pointing at it.

Doesn't look like the antennas are replaceable on that unit as they call them fixed. If they did I'd try higher gain antennas.

I'd try a range extender in the shed from the same brand (another AP or range extender) that has external antennas. I'm not that familiar with TPlink but Asus makes this process pretty easy. Some brands allow for a backhaul channel that's different from the main channel so it doesn't eat up as much bandwidth on the LAN/client network.

Something else I would probably look into is powerline network adapters that work across your electrical panel. I've never used them but it's something I've kinda wanted to try. I think your electrical topology has to be a design that works with it, implying it won't work in some situations.

100ft through structures changes the whole game. You want want a Unifi Point to Point between the building and then an access point in one of the two. That should do it. Or, just dig a trench and run a weather capable Cat5e or 6 out there in the trench. Consumer wifi sucks anus.

Something else I would probably look into is powerline network adapters that work across your electrical panel. I've never used them but it's something I've kinda wanted to try. I think your electrical topology has to be a design that works with it, implying it won't work in some situations.
Powerlines would be the first thing I would try. Just get a nice top speed set (as they do deal with challenges better) from your local best buy/office depot/staples and take them out of the box and try them--should take a whole 5 minutes to set them up. If they connect at a good speed, you should have perfect bandwidth for all 3 of those tvs. :)

If they don't work so well, what other wires do you have in that shed? coax? telephone wire? There's ways to get ethernet across those using moca adapters and vdsl ethernet extenders that both work reliably. :)

Powerlines would be the first thing I would try. Just get a nice top speed set (as they do deal with challenges better) from your local best buy/office depot/staples and take them out of the box and try them--should take a whole 5 minutes to set them up. If they connect at a good speed, you should have perfect bandwidth for all 3 of those tvs. :)

If they don't work so well, what other wires do you have in that shed? coax? telephone wire? There's ways to get ethernet across those using moca adapters and vdsl ethernet extenders that both work reliably. :)
They would be good but if that shed has it's own electrical meter and panel they won't work. That's what has held me off of them in the past. I looked into powerline networking many years ago to try and put a surveillance system into a barn and feedlot so a farmer could watch heifers having calves. The house where the internet came in was on a separate meter from the rest of the farm. I called a guy that had used this stuff before and he told me it would not work.
I ended up using a Ubiquiti point to point wireless system that was less than $100 and got about 11 mbps out of it, which was pretty fast and fast enough at that time.

They would be good but if that shed has it's own electrical meter and panel they won't work. That's what has held me off of them in the past.
why the hell would a shed have its own electrical connection and meter? are you secretly bubbles from tpb?

A direct antenna like some said would be best, but you maybe able to get away with doing a mesh system and it may hop to it without much trouble.

How does it get power? Why does an uninsulated shed have three televisions in it?
mines just an underground run tied into the main breaker box on its own circuit. pr0n, lots and lots of it...

They would be good but if that shed has it's own electrical meter and panel they won't work. That's what has held me off of them in the past. I looked into powerline networking many years ago to try and put a surveillance system into a barn and feedlot so a farmer could watch heifers having calves. The house where the internet came in was on a separate meter from the rest of the farm. I called a guy that had used this stuff before and he told me it would not work.
I ended up using a Ubiquiti point to point wireless system that was less than $100 and got about 11 mbps out of it, which was pretty fast and fast enough at that time.
The tech has changed so much since those days that it may work. I still remember using netgear 500av in a commercial environment where each was on a different panel that was installed back in 1995 and they worked really reliably even though in theory they shouldn't have worked at all. Hence why I would just get some and try it because if they work, they'll be great and if not, it's an easy test and easy return.

As long as you're not needing a ton of bandwidth, get a wireless N AP and put it in the shed. At the moment I can't remember exactly how you need it setup but I'm pretty sure it's just client mode on the AP. Everything in the shed should be able to connect wirelessly and the signal between the AP (especially if it's sitting in a window) should be plenty strong. I've done the exact same thing at my parents' house although the distance is a little shorter there. However, the shed is metal and insulated but the signal is just fine and there are never any signal issues. I also did much the same thing at the river lot to get a connection from the neighbor's wifi to the travel trailer on my parents' lot.

I specifically went wireless N for the 2.4Ghz band since it will have better range and penetration through buildings than any 5Ghz band will and the bandwidth for Wireless N is more than sufficient.

This TP-Link AP is what I used for the river lot and is very similar to what I used for the shed. For the house to shed it's an Archer C7 router to the Tp-Link AP and at the river lot it's whatever router/modem combo from the ISP and the TP-Link AP.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
😂😂 sorry I never responded to this thread… it’s hard to tell in the photo… but right in front of that shed is an inground pool… the right side of this shed now has an addition, closing in the white fence…. So this is my 32x14 pool bar and kitchen… two TV’s in the bar area and 1 in the kitchen area.. the shed does have its own panel…. It’s just a 100 amp service sub panel. The TV’s haven’t been installed yet as I broke my hip and construction took longer than expected…. Hoping to be ready by June this year!

You could try something like this;
Limited-time deal: ScreenBeam MoCA 2.5 Network Adapter for Higher Speed Internet, Ethernet Over Coax - Starter Kit (Model: ECB6250K02) https://a.co/d/dQmy1LC

Coax might offer some more options to offer and is pretty resilient to the outdoors.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I used a directional wifi antanae which worked ok. Then I used an outdoor wireless bridge which worked a little better, then I just burried an ethernet cable which has worked great. You can get ones that are direct burry, no conduit required or anything. I used surge protection things on each end of it.

Lazy way is a point to point and Wireless AP. Cost the most but should work. You could also try a MESH setup

I would just get a UAP-AC-M-Pro and mount it outside the house pointed at the garage. Should easily provide decent WiFi to a shed 100ft away with no insulation and bypass the need for point to point setups or running a cable. Obviously you'll have to run a cable from your network in the house to outside to reach it. You could potentially even just mount it in the window and it would likely be okay.

Back