better and brighter monitor than SW321C

insoc123

Limp Gawd
Hi. I have a SW321C monitor that it's been praised in several reviews as an excellent monitor for photography, video editing et al. I have it but it's nothing impressive and I could even say the image quality is dull. At least when I compare it to a monitor like the XDR Pro display that I saw at the Apple Store or the NEC PA311D I saw at the BHPHOTO store in NYC.

The PA311D is no longer available and since I'm a WINDOWS user, I don't want to deal to all the issues of using the XDR with a Windows PC.

Can you recommend a better monitor than this SW321C? By better, I mean brighter images, semi glossy or glossy, really HDR capabilities and such. I know there are brighter monitors than the SW321C, but I also need them to be color accurate.

Is the PG32UQX monitor the endgame best of all monitors in the 32" size list of monitors? I don't mind the price, but would be disappointed if there was something better or if the monitor is going to be replaced soon...

Thank you very much!

What is your use-case? If you are intending to use the monitor for color-critical work, such as photography and video editing, and want high brightness (VESA HDR 1000 or greater) then the Asus ProArt is probably what you are looking for. They are quite expensive though. PA32UCG/UCR.

The PG32UQX/XG321UG is more aimed for gaming and has high refresh rate and probably higher response times. Though i have read they are certainly very color accurate but may not approach the accuracy you need and also uniformity. I am not sure if they have the "glossy" coating as most professional monitors tend to stay away from it due to distracting reflections for work.

Back