"Beta" AMD ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.3b patch

III_Slyflyer_III

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone given this a shot yet? Looks like they released it the other week for my MSI X570 MEG ACE, I just updated this morning and will have to do some testing.

We will see if this fixes the remaining PCIe issues when using 4.0 on a video card and then having the PCIe Creative sound card occasionally lose it's mind and require a reboot (my SBz used to get the channel swapping, my AE-7 just flat out loses audio and i have to reboot). I never did have the USB issues so many reported, I guess they are related though from everything I have found online.

Interestingly, clock "boosting" performance with the PBO Curve and Offset on this version looks to be slightly better in testing, so yay, nothing lost and a slight amount gained!

I did see some new options in the PCIe Advanced sub-menu for LCLK power and speed configuration when PCIe 4.0 is enabled, so it looks like they are giving people the freedom to modify the LCLK settings and also enable/disable PCIe end node communications. I am sure that may be part of the issues they are trying to resolve, I am not sure. I left those settings at default for now, but may mess with them if my sound issues when gaming for awhile still crop up.

Anyone have some thoughts on this? Has anyone else had issues with a PCIe sound card when using a PCIe 4.0 video card here?

Looks like its available on my ASROCK X570 TAICHI as well. I'm still on AGESA 12.02 (Bios 4.3) but i'm a bit intrigued, it doe say "improved usb compability." (Not that i'm having any issues as it is).

I don't have a PCI-E 4.0 videocard, and almost all of my sound issues have been related to the shitty realtek drivers and software.

There for the MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK but gives no info. PBO sounds interesting,

Has anyone given this a shot yet? Looks like they released it the other week for my MSI X570 MEG ACE, I just updated this morning and will have to do some testing.

We will see if this fixes the remaining PCIe issues when using 4.0 on a video card and then having the PCIe Creative sound card occasionally lose it's mind and require a reboot (my SBz used to get the channel swapping, my AE-7 just flat out loses audio and i have to reboot). I never did have the USB issues so many reported, I guess they are related though from everything I have found online.

Interestingly, clock "boosting" performance with the PBO Curve and Offset on this version looks to be slightly better in testing, so yay, nothing lost and a slight amount gained!

I did see some new options in the PCIe Advanced sub-menu for LCLK power and speed configuration when PCIe 4.0 is enabled, so it looks like they are giving people the freedom to modify the LCLK settings and also enable/disable PCIe end node communications. I am sure that may be part of the issues they are trying to resolve, I am not sure. I left those settings at default for now, but may mess with them if my sound issues when gaming for awhile still crop up.

Anyone have some thoughts on this? Has anyone else had issues with a PCIe sound card when using a PCIe 4.0 video card here?
Same board as you yea for more powaaa.

As a follow up, this has been released as "offical" at this point (from MSI anyway) and also reads as patch level b correctly now in cpuz. Can't say what other changes may have happened, but updated my bios anyway to always stay on the latest.

Did the new bios alleviate you audio issues with the sound blaster express card and have you found any other differences from the previous version? The notes are always extremely vague but they always stay on top of things other than that.

Did the new bios alleviate you audio issues with the sound blaster express card and have you found any other differences from the previous version? The notes are always extremely vague but they always stay on top of things other than that.
Need more time to tell as I just installed it and the problem was always random as hell to begin with. Sometimes I could go 3 hours with not a single issue and sometimes it would happen after 10 minutes. Technically the "beta" bios from June had fixed this for me in combination with "Prefer Maximum Performance" in the NVidia control panel for global settings. I still use PCIe 4.0 and all other features enabled in the bios along with my overclock, so I am hopeful. I will update this thread with any findings after about a week or so... I see on reddit some people STILL have this issue though on some select X570 boards and creative cards, so I shall see. The last month and a half though with the previous bios and my AE-7 performed wonderfully with not a single issue... I was someone hesitant to upgrade... lol.

Yea I'm always hesitant to update when things are working as intended. The old don't fix it if it ain't broken comes to mind.

And after I updated they JUST released AMD ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.3c beta bios... lol. I might give it a shot if I have a single issue on the patch b non-beta bios. They claim to have resolved ALL issues on Patch c now.

And after I updated they JUST released AMD ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.3c beta bios... lol. I might give it a shot if I have a single issue on the patch b non-beta bios. They claim to have resolved ALL issues on Patch c now.
That beta patch is out for my Asus as well. For the last one, they left the beta up for what seems like almost 3 months before posting the official version. I think I'll wait for the official one again.

This kept happening to me. I’m like 3 revisions behind on my ga x570 elite. It sucks having to redo all of your settings.

That beta patch is out for my Asus as well. For the last one, they left the beta up for what seems like almost 3 months before posting the official version. I think I'll wait for the official one again.
Yeah, MSI has been pretty quick on the updates, so I can't complain about that. But it seems every time I update to the official after a month or so of being on a beta, a new beta comes out! lol. I may wait this time as I have not noticed any issues... yet... *crosses fingers*

This kept happening to me. I’m like 3 revisions behind on my ga x570 elite. It sucks having to redo all of your settings.
Sadly, I have become extremely quick at this, even with setting all my memory timings manually. I learned cell phone pictures of the settings save the day as the profiles don't convert over and are not compatible... lol

Anyone notice any improvements with the C patch? Having to randomly reset the bios as it fails to boot at times with the 48 GB of RAM in my sig, got it for the benefit of being dual rank but may be I'm pushing it too much at 3600 MHz? What also doesn't help is ASUS boards don't have a DRAM training/boot voltage because once it boots at the 3600 CL18 settings, it is perfectly stable at 1.4v. May be go back to 2 x 16 GB or lower speed to 3200 and tighten timings....

Anyone notice any improvements with the C patch? Having to randomly reset the bios as it fails to boot at times with the 48 GB of RAM in my sig, got it for the benefit of being dual rank but may be I'm pushing it too much at 3600 MHz? What also doesn't help is ASUS boards don't have a DRAM training/boot voltage because once it boots at the 3600 CL18 settings, it is perfectly stable at 1.4v. May be go back to 2 x 16 GB or lower speed to 3200 and tighten timings....
So, are you trying to run two 16 GB sticks and two 8 GB sticks? That sounds dicey to me at 3600, but what do I know? I'm with you on the lack of training voltage. I wish that was an option on Asus boards. I had a lot of trouble with some B-Die 4000 just trying to stay stable at 3600 with 1.4v. I would get the sam failures to boot at random times.

So, are you trying to run two 16 GB sticks and two 8 GB sticks? That sounds dicey to me at 3600, but what do I know? I'm with you on the lack of training voltage. I wish that was an option on Asus boards. I had a lot of trouble with some B-Die 4000 just trying to stay stable at 3600 with 1.4v. I would get the sam failures to boot at random times.
Yeah becoming too much of a pain now, miss the bios reset switch on my old DFI P35 mobo (the teenagers here are prolly like wth is DFI?) at the back, having to open and short the jumpers is a PITA. I'll probably try lowering to 3200 and tweaking timings before I give up though, that PNY has sexy LEDs that I have set to match the board and the 3090 :)

Yeah becoming too much of a pain now, miss the bios reset switch on my old DFI P35 mobo (the teenagers here are prolly like wth is DFI?) at the back, having to open and short the jumpers is a PITA. I'll probably try lowering to 3200 and tweaking timings before I give up though, that PNY has sexy LEDs that I have set to match the board and the 3090 :)
That's why I chose the meg ace X570. The bios reset button on the backplane is a must have for me. You can rig up an old case power or reset switch to the boards cmos clr pins and tuck it away somewhere safe to make it less trouble though.

I don't even remember the last time a motherboard I had did not have a reset switch on the back panel... even my old LGA775 motherboards would simply reset the bios automatically if the system failed to post 3 times in a row. It's one of the best features ever added to motherboards IMO!

As for the "Patch C" I am curious what others have found. "Patch B" has been very stable and performs great for me, so I have yet to try "C". When it exits Beta and goes complete, I'll probably update then. But as all issues I was having with PCIe 4.0 were fixed back on Patch B, I don't feel the need to update the bios anymore except to tweak as I always enjoy doing.

You want a pro tip if your mb doesn’t have a bios reset button? Wire it to your cases reset button. One press and the bios is cleared.

Thanks guys for pointing the obvious, was going to get a cheap button from amazon but then realized I could hack off the one sitting in an old case in my closet. Gonna wire it to that next time I open her up...

Last edited:
Are you running the 32GB kit on one channel and the 16GB kit on the second channel? If you are mixing a 16GB dimm with an 8GB dimm on the same channel that might be causing problems. At any rate I wouldn’t mix kits of different capacities at all. My advice is stick with either 32GBs or 16GBs.

Had to lower the RAM from 3600 18-19-19-19-40 to 3200 16-17-17-17-36, not seeing much performance loss expect for memory bandwidth tests being down about 5%, may just keep it there. The reset cmos button idea is a life saver though :)

The lower ram speed/timings seem to have done the trick, couple of reboots and no stuck on bios splash screen *touch wood*

Back