best way to hook up 2x 3007wfp + macbook pro 15"

rcrez

Limp Gawd
I have one of the latest macbook pro 15" with 4x Thunderbolt 3 ports
I also have two older 3007WFP 30" Dell LCDs which use Dual link DVI connections.

I currently have thunderbolt to display port adapters and then the display port to apple dual link DVI adapters so I can technically hook everything up and get two output displays on my macbook pro.

main issue is if i do that i'l down every single one of my thunderbolt 3 ports...because i need two on one side of the laptop for one monitor, one port for display port and one for USB.... on the other side of the laptop....i use them up for tbe display port + usb power

whats the cleanest way to hook everything up and still have a USB hub left over....is there such a thing as a cheap thunderbolt 3 dock with like 2 thunderbolt 3 ports and some USB ports?
?

Maybe consider an EGPU? A used one is not much more than a TB3 dock.

I'm not sure there is a "best way". It all comes down to what you want to do.
This is "an option" and there are quite a few products like it, so do your own due diligence first: https://www.amazon.com/Weton-Thunde.../B075M6PK3H/ref=psdc_3015395011_t5_B073J79QWF
But it will allow you to run Dual-Link DVI and USB 3 from the same port. So that should cut down on at least some of what you need. If you want there are docks that have multiple display out (will likely be DP + HDMI or something like that). So that's an option too.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back