Best soft 1/2"ID - 3/4"OD Tubing for G1/4 Zoll to ID 13mm fittings

Tanquen

[H]ard|Gawd
I've always used Tygon E3603 but it's hard to find ten years latter.

I ordered some from performance-pcs but they sent me 12' (At $6.95 a foot) 1/2"OD. Paid for fast shipping and it was the only item I needed that did not show up for the weekend build.
"ONLINE SUPPORT 24/7" - Sent an email with pics Friday night and not head anything.
It was at least Tygon but looks old. Now I'm not sure what I'll get if they try to make good.
1683483085380.png

Last edited:
I used to use tygon soft tubing exclusively but had too many problems with white flaky crud with their black and silver anti microbial tubing. Now I either use, Masterkleer if I'm building on the cheap or Primochill advanced lrt. Both are available at ppcs. Shipping costs more than 10ft of clear Masterkleer but Primochill has gotten stupid expensive over the last 5 or so years.
https://www.primochill.com/products...t-flexible-tubing-1-2in-id-x-3-4in-od-10-feet
If you don't have to have clear, FrozenCPU has 75% off the Primochill lrt colors they have left. By far the best deal you can get.

I used to use tygon soft tubing exclusively but had too many problems with white flaky crud with their black and silver anti microbial tubing. Now I either use, Masterkleer if I'm building on the cheap or Primochill advanced lrt. Both are available at ppcs. Shipping costs more than 10ft of clear Masterkleer but Primochill has gotten stupid expensive over the last 5 or so years.
https://www.primochill.com/products...t-flexible-tubing-1-2in-id-x-3-4in-od-10-feet
If you don't have to have clear, FrozenCPU has 75% off the Primochill lrt colors they have left. By far the best deal you can get.
I don't have to have clear, not do this for looks and never use dyes.

I just spent like $90 for 12' so the Primochill don't sound too bad. Now I just have to wait for performance-pcs to respond.

In the pic you can see an old piece of the Tygon, it gets clouded up but never seen any thing flake off. I was doing just distilled water and kill coil though. I could not get copper only blocks for the CPU and GPU this time so was going to use EK Water Blocks EK-CryoFuel and hope for the best.

Last edited:
In the pic you can see an old piece of the Tygon, it get clouded up but never seen any thing flake off. I was doing just distilled water and kill coil though. I could not get copper only blocks for the CPU and GPU this time so was going to use EK Water Blocks EK-CryoFuel and hope for the best.
That should be fine but you don't have to use EK blocks with cryofuel for it to work properly. You can use whatever blocks you prefer. I've never had any problems with primochill tubing over the 10 years or more that I've used it. It's really solid stuff.

That should be fine but you don't have to use EK blocks with cryofuel for it to work properly. You can use whatever blocks you prefer. I've never had any problems with primochill tubing over the 10 years or more that I've used it. It's really solid stuff.
The primochill tubing stays clear? Not that big of a deal it's nice to see the air is out when you setup but otherwise I don't really care.
I would have just wanted a copper block but the only GPU one I found was Alphcool and it's chrome plated. The CPU is the aqua computer NEXT cuplex kryos, they can come in copper but only the Nickle plated was in stock.

The primochill tubing stays clear? Not that big of a deal it's nice to see the air is out when you setup but otherwise I don't really care.
I would have just wanted a copper block but the only GPU one I found was Alphcool and it's chrome plated. The CPU is the aqua computer NEXT cuplex kryos, they can come in copper but only the Nickle plated was in stock.
Yeah, I only used clear for a couple of years (then I switched to blue) but it stayed crystal clear while I used it. Primochills colored stuff is translucent so you can still check for bubbles with a flashlight (that's how I do it). Altho I'd imagine the white tubing would be a different story. I don't think you can see thru that.
It's really hard to find pure copper blocks now. Everyone plates their blocks to make them look all new and shiny. That and copper just isn't as popular as it used to be.

And jacks up the price. I've seen GPU 4090 blocks for like $400-$500, it is nuts.
Yeah man, its just stupid. The cost of blocks of any kind has gone through the roof over the last 6 or 7 years with no end in sight. Anything out of the norm has an immediate tax slapped on.

I sent this on Friday:
"I appreciate you guys getting the rush order out and it did get to me today and I really needed it today but it's the wrong size tubing. It looks like the outer diameter is 1/2 inch and I ordered inner diameter 1/2 inch outer diameter 3/4 Tygon.

I've attached a picture and you can see the correct tubing, is noticeably larger. When's the soonest you can get me the correct tubing?"

Just got an email, no apology, no offer to credit for express shipping. They sent a shipping label and want me to ship it back and then they'll sent the correct tubing. I think they should ship the correct item overnight today.

"Attached is your return label. Please be sure to pack your item(s) well and not affix labels to manufacturer’s packaging. Your label will expire on June 5th. Once return tracking shown acceptance/movement your replacement will be shipped."

Should I just cancel and get the primochill?

I sent this on Friday:
"I appreciate you guys getting the rush order out and it did get to me today and I really needed it today but it's the wrong size tubing. It looks like the outer diameter is 1/2 inch and I ordered inner diameter 1/2 inch outer diameter 3/4 Tygon.

I've attached a picture and you can see the correct tubing, is noticeably larger. When's the soonest you can get me the correct tubing?"

Just got an email, no apology, no offer to credit for express shipping. They sent a shipping label and want me to ship it back and then they'll sent the correct tubing. I think they should ship the correct item overnight today.

"Attached is your return label. Please be sure to pack your item(s) well and not affix labels to manufacturer’s packaging. Your label will expire on June 5th. Once return tracking shown acceptance/movement your replacement will be shipped."

Should I just cancel and get the primochill?
It depends on the speed they're shipping the replacement tubing and how fast you need it. If theirs no guarantee that it will get to you when you need it I'd cancel and order the primochill.

Once you drop it off with the shipping service they should get notification and send the replacement immediately. I would drop it off and follow up with them to make sure they send right away, or you can just return and order primochill.

Once you drop it off with the shipping service they should get notification and send the replacement immediately. I would drop it off and follow up with them to make sure they send right away, or you can just return and order primochill.
I'm sending it back and getting the primochill. A second person from performance-pcs sent another email. At least they are trying. They just put the tube in a small UPS box not sure what another pic would tell them. I don't think Tygon puts the ID/OD on the tube.

We are very sorry about this mistake. I appreciate the pictures you already sent, but Can you please provide us with pictures of the part number on the retail packaging?
Once we receive pictures, we can get this issue resolved right away.
We will send out the correct product and provide a prepaid return label via email to retrieve the incorrect item back.

In my early days of water cooling (2700K) I used to swear by Tygon tubing. But over the years I always had issues with their tubes leaching plasticizers. I just built a watercooled PC for my kid and went with EK ZMT tubing. It's so much easier to work with and makes tighter bends without kinking. I had to used the anti-kink coils in the past with Tygon on tight timings. I would highly recommend trying the EK ZMT tubing. Plus the black looks so much stealthier in an all black built.

I never had kinking issues with the 1/2ID-3/4OD Tygon but it did get a film inside the tubing. I ordered some primochill and hope it works a least as well.

Last edited:
The primochill is too small. The Tygon is 1/2" ID but the primochill (on the right in the pic) is smaller.

I'm using barbed fittings and out of the case just working on one fitting I can force it on but I'd break something trying to disconnect a mounted fitting.

1684099513942.png

Last edited:
It's a little oval but the calipers wont even fit in the wider squished diameter.
1684100664317.png

Hmm, I don't know what to say. All I use with soft tubing is 1/2id x 3/4od Parts.
Barbs, compressions, tubing and I've never had a problem with my tubing not fitting. Even my old Thermochill pa120.3 g3/8 barbs work fine with Primochill and Tygon.

The Tygon is softer and that makes it easier to install. But also it's actually 1/2-in inner diameter. The Primochill is not, it's smaller and it's firmer. Actually feel like I'm going to break stuff trying to get the tubing on. It's way harder to install.

I found some posts on other sites just googling the problem and it seems like a known issue. Most talk about boiling some water in a cup or something and then dipping the ends in for a minute or two before you do connection.

If I ever do this again I'll get the Tygon if I can find it. I don't care that it discolors.

If I ever have to take the pieces I have gotten together apart I honestly think I'm going to have cut the tubing to get them apart.

Using the microwave and bring water in a cup to a boil then dipping the end of the tube for a few seconds makes it easy to connect a fitting.
It's now about as easy as real 1/2" ID tubing but it slows things down a lot and takes more planning as you'll need to heat both ends and get them connected before it cools.
I don't see being able to redo any connections if you mess up. Could try a heat gun but most likely I'd be cutting it of to redo any connections.

That's weird. I've used 1/2" ID 3/4" OD Primochill tubing on 1/2" barbs and they always slipped on easily. Wonder if they changed something (last bought tubing ~10 years ago).

Maybe they change something, I'm not sure but you can see in the pic that it's smaller than the Tygon I also got 10 years ago. When you squish it a little to try to make it round, that just makes it even smaller. The only way to get the calipers in there at half an inch is to squish it oval.

I sent them an email and waiting to see if they have anything to say.

Back