Best MP3 ID tag software?

Roberty

Extremely [H]
I have a bunch of MP3 files on my computer where I've ripped all my cd's over the years and it's a pretty big mess. What is the best freeware software that will make the job of ID'ing and sorting my MP3's easier than manually doing it?

def tag and rename, no matter what you do it will still take you a long time to sort out your music collection though - especially if you have a ton of songs.

def tag and rename, no matter what you do it will still take you a long time to sort out your music collection though - especially if you have a ton of songs.

That's what I was afraid of..... Thanks for the ideas.

Driven home as it has been, tag and rename, literally one of about, well probably one, pieces of try and buy software that I ever actually BOUGHT, it's that good, period.

I use MediaMonkey for sorting and syncing to my iPod.
I love it because it downloads album tag info and picture Amazon. Then it can mass rename all your files.

It took me about 30 mins to full tag, rename, and organize over 1000 songs using MediaMonkey.

Throw another one in for Tag and Rename... fantastic piece of software. MP3Tag is close but lacks a few of the features that Tag and Rename have (or I haven't found it yet).

Tag&Rename, period.

/thread

My music collection is a mess, i have folders within folders of tuns of music.
Will this program dig within folders and sort everything by artist name? Also looking for something that will delete multiple files

I am trying out Tag and Rename, along with MediaMonkey

MM is so awesome for renaming and sorting music.

You can select a root folder and set the naming convention to rename the songs to artist - song name.mp3 and then place them all into the folder artist/album/artist - song name.mp3

well i love tag and rename, is there a way i can set a format i want and have it rename and move all my music to Folders by Artist

MM is so awesome for renaming and sorting music.

You can select a root folder and set the naming convention to rename the songs to artist - song name.mp3 and then place them all into the folder artist/album/artist - song name.mp3

whats your email or aim? got a few questions on the program

i am working on it with both programs, here what i have so far
music.jpg

files.jpg

I am trying to structure all my music like the 2nd picture. I have a tun to sort....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Luthiren/files.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Luthiren/music.jpg

Shoot me an email whenever and I'll help ya sort it out.
Nvm, just saw your email.

Back