Best Micro Desktop for mom, $300US range. Need some options!

Dracarys

Weaksauce
It seems fine, but she'll run short of diskspace relatively quickly once Windows 10 is fully updated, and you install Office. You could presumably just get her an inexpensive Chromebook, and she could do it all online with Google Docs, saving the cost of Windows and Office. GL and say Hi to your Mom for me! ;)

Thanks,

Silver

It seems fine, but she'll run short of diskspace relatively quickly once Windows 10 is fully updated, and you install Office. You could presumably just get her an inexpensive Chromebook, and she could do it all online with Google Docs, saving the cost of Windows and Office. GL and say Hi to your Mom for me! ;)

Thanks,

Silver

sorry I updated the links, no she has a laptop and tablet, wnts one for home.

That HP Desktop you linked seems perfect! Nice hunting Dracarys!

Silver

Really? HP scares me, their laptops suck. Should I go for the Lenovo? Also these are renewed/refurbished. Also it has WIFI

Weird, I see the Wifi logo on the lenovo post, but it doesn't seem to mention it in the specs. The reviews do though, but someone seems to complain that it's slow.
Might just be a bad connnection on their end. Either way, you have a 90-day warranty to give you peace of mind. I hope it works out for your mom.

Silver

What do you think, take the chance on refurbished? lol im so against this usually but theres great warranty and its not for me

Soooo why don't you just pickup a NUC? the quad core Pentiums have plenty of performance for her needs and SSDs have never been cheaper.
Moms LOVE tiny PCs and do not care if they lost a tiny amount of performance per dollar that they were never going to notice anyway.
If you're worried about buying the software, you can easily buy Win 10 and Office 2016 for around $45 total on key sites, or $10 a piece from a lot of company benefits stores.

Last edited:
Back