Best games to play on a ultrawide??

Bman123

Supreme [H]ardness
I got a monoprice dark matter 34 inch 3440x1440 monitor and love it so far. Was wondering what are some fan favorite games people with ultrawide monitors play? I’m open to play anything. As of now I’m playing
Rocket league, Dead by daylight, cod Cold War,

Hopefully I can get some good recommendations to play on here that have the ultrawide wow factor. I’ve got $200 to blow on games right now, I’m ready to splurge lol

Since almost all modern games either have ultrawide support or a tweak you can download from wsgf or pcgw, the answer to this question is pretty much whatever game you either enjoy playing or enjoy looking at. The answer will be different for everyone.

Any of the recent big budget tripleA titles will answer your question adequately. Red Dead 2, The Division 2, any of the recent Assassin's Creed games, Doom Eternal, Horizon Zero Dawn, Metro Exodus, Watchdogs Legion etc there are simply too many to name.

Like said above hard to say with taste, but among those that feel like obvious candidate are simulator (racing/flight simulator) if you like those and scenery game like Red Dead 2 / death stranding

Like said above hard to say with taste, but among those that feel like obvious candidate are simulator (racing/flight simulator) if you like those and scenery game like Red Dead 2 / death stranding
I can confirm, that's a true statement. I made the jump for racing titles and haven't looked back.

Had my PG348Q since it was released and I'll never go back to 16:9, it just feels super restricting.

That being said, I play all games on it as its my general use monitor.

Again, after owning one for years, the thread's question should be what doesn't look good/work well on Ultrawide and the only thing I can say so far has been Overwatch (doesn't allow for it).

Again, after owning one for years, the thread's question should be what doesn't look good/work well on Ultrawide and the only thing I can say so far has been Overwatch (doesn't allow for it).
Overwatch has supported 21:9 for a while now. Just logged in to make sure I wasnt crazy(since i havent played it in months).
ScreenShot_20-12-06_08-46-42-000.jpg

Overwatch has supported 21:9 for a while now. Just logged in to make sure I wasnt crazy(since i havent played it in months).
View attachment 306205

No, it crops the top and bottom and looks terrible, it's not truly taking advantage of the extra horizontal space. This is part of them trying to keep it fair as it's viewed as a competitive game.

Back