Best driver for Radeon VII 16Gb + Asrock x399M

spacedrone808

Limp Gawd
I find out that 2020 driver series is very unrelable mess [to say the least] with black screens, crashes, freezes and stuttering.

Currently i am on 19.12.3. Last of 19.x series.
Much better than "modern" series.

Some information from my research:
19.7.5 - 19.12.3 pretty stable
19.5.1 - ~15% boost in performance

Your opinion on that?

I think 19.12.3 was the best for me. The system would still boot to black screen on major windows and bios updates most of the time; I think something in the card itself sucked at output device selection across all driver versions.

I think 19.12.3 was the best for me. The system would still boot to black screen on major windows and bios updates most of the time; I think something in the card itself sucked at output device selection across all driver versions.
I often have to 'trick' mine into displaying by unplugging the DP cable and re-plugging it into the video card.
FWIW, other than that, I use the latest driver without issue on my Radeon Vii

On my Core 2 Quad / GCN 1.0 AMD R7 250 (modded BIOS to 1100/1100) potato I have found best performance and perfect stability using Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1. Just tried 20.8.3 and actually lost performance in various titles, and had a driver reset watching a youtube video. So far I can't say I'm impressed with the Adrenalin 2020 drivers, plus I feel the driver interface is a step backwards as well........

Back