Best case for keeping dust out? aka best dust filter setup

Circumnavigate

Limp Gawd
Hey does anyone know what is the best possible case for keeping dust out? Like which one has the best dust filter setup? Preferably also a silent case.

I notice that for some reason they don't put dust filters on the exhaust on the rear of cases?

I thought it would be a good idea to have a dust filter on everyone possible opening so that maybe I wouldn't have to clean the dust out of my build once a year?

Why would you want to prevent dust leaving your case?

The best way to never have to clean dust out of your system is to keep it down in the environment. I have two dogs and live downwind from a gravel pit, I gave up on dust-free computing, dust-free house and dust-free yard. I clean my case filters at least every month, buy the expensive furnace filters (which doesn't run 8 months of the year) and blow out the insides every 3 months.

There is a case with a HEPA filter on the intake and plenty of sound dampening. It won't be silent if you want to put serious hardware in it: Silverstone MM01

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Why would you want to prevent dust leaving your case?
If you have a proper dust filter setup than dust wouldn't have gotten in there in the first place?

When the computer is turned off it prevents dust from entering in the rear?

If you have a proper dust filter setup than dust wouldn't have gotten in there in the first place?

When the computer is turned off it prevents dust from entering in the rear?

Aside from perhaps the HEPA filter case, as long as dust is in the environment, some will get past the filters because it is too small to all be caught in the mesh. If you put a filter on the exhaust fans, you are just taking the dust that got in the case and didn't stick to what was inside and giving it a chance to be trapped inside by the second filter, instead of just blowing it right back out.

If you are worried about significant dust getting inside your PC when it's off, there are two realistic options and one silly one: 1) make yourself a case cover of some kind. My mom did this with hers and sewed herself pretty, perfect-fitting cloth covers for her case and monitor or 2) You need to have a professional HVAC person come to your house, evaluate where all the dust is coming from, and then remedy the situation as best you can. Keep in mind datacenters do keep the dust out but at considerable cost. 3) build a container out of the highest MERV-rated air filters you can get, seal the corners with tape and place over your case. Replace as needed.

But seriously, if you only have to clean once a year as it is, that's pretty good, already.

I don't have a dust problem, I just stick one of these in the room:

-hepa-air-purifier-with-aoc-washable-carbon-filter.jpg

Back