Best Buy Beta

I have Total Tech. It's worth it if you use the features that you get discounts for (or for free) or if you buy merchandise that is marked down for Total Tech members. Also the 60-day returns are helpful and two years of tech support with a dedicated line. It's not really worth it if you only shop there once in a blue moon and don't find $200 of savings that are not ordinarily available to the regular customers.

I got Total Tech last summer and saved several hundred dollars on having them install a new head unit and component speakers in my car. All of the work was free after I got Total Tech. I also bought a 65" TV about a month ago that they mounted and set up for free, normally at least a $200 service. You have to utilize the benefits you get, but if you do, the savings can be huge.

I know a lot of people give Best Buy heat but for me they've always been great. Never had an issue returning or exchanging something that wasn't to my liking or was messed up, and all the services I've had them do for me have come out really well.

Thank you.

Their business model is to make money. Their markets are now the same. Gamestop announced a couple of weeks ago that theyre going to start selling computer components and PC Gaming Accessories.
I was able to buy a usb mic from gamestop across the street from home depot in the very southern edge of Little Rock, AR so if I can do that here most of y'all should be able to buy such crap from gamestop too.

I've noticed they're Jewish holidays, so I assume B&H's owners are Jewish and/or they have a lot of Jewish employees. No surprise really given where they're based.
B&H sometimes is the only people with things like gpus and disks is what I've bought from them from time to time over the years.

I have Total Tech. It's worth it if you use the features that you get discounts for (or for free) or if you buy merchandise that is marked down for Total Tech members. Also the 60-day returns are helpful and two years of tech support with a dedicated line. It's not really worth it if you only shop there once in a blue moon and don't find $200 of savings that are not ordinarily available to the regular customers.

I got Total Tech last summer and saved several hundred dollars on having them install a new head unit and component speakers in my car. All of the work was free after I got Total Tech. I also bought a 65" TV about a month ago that they mounted and set up for free, normally at least a $200 service. You have to utilize the benefits you get, but if you do, the savings can be huge.

I know a lot of people give Best Buy heat but for me they've always been great. Never had an issue returning or exchanging something that wasn't to my liking or was messed up, and all the services I've had them do for me have come out really well.
Best Buy used to be a pain in the ass a few years ago to return items. They were one of several companies that would scan your driver's license and keep a database of all your returns and when you got to a certain number within a certain amount of time you are not going to be allowed to return an item no matter what was wrong with it. I had returned maybe four or five items in 6 months some of which were never even opened and I was then told I was not allowed to return anything else for one year. Best Buy eventually got out of that program after so many people complained and now it's no issue at all to return anything. When I do my next PC build I will try to get everything from Best Buy that I can because I love just picking the stuff up in the store and not having to worry about UPS or FedEx beating the shit out of something before it gets to my house. It's also super convenient to do return since I have three Best Buy locations near me.

This might be a little bit of a stretch, but I think their easy returns (now) and some of their programs like the total tech have helped keep them faring well and avoiding the destiny of some other B&Ms like Radio Shack, Circuit City, etc.

Well they carry a lot more items than what they used to and their prices are very competitive. Some of the components I have right now I got at Best Buy and they were literally the lowest price. Heck they have sales all the time so you can just walk in there and grab so many high-end components or peripherals without having to fool with ordering anything online. I mean I would love to have a microcenter here but the closest one is over two and a half hours away.

I agree. They do often have great deals and good stock (but not on MBs and cases, I will say) so it's convenient. I have ordered several things from them online and the shipping has always been lightning fast in that regard as well. I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to MicroCenter- the closest is not quite three hours away, but I've also heard of some people making nearly an eight hour trip for there.

Best Buy used to be a pain in the ass a few years ago to return items. They were one of several companies that would scan your driver's license and keep a database of all your returns and when you got to a certain number within a certain amount of time you are not going to be allowed to return an item no matter what was wrong with it. I had returned maybe four or five items in 6 months some of which were never even opened and I was then told I was not allowed to return anything else for one year. Best Buy eventually got out of that program after so many people complained and now it's no issue at all to return anything. When I do my next PC build I will try to get everything from Best Buy that I can because I love just picking the stuff up in the store and not having to worry about UPS or FedEx beating the shit out of something before it gets to my house. It's also super convenient to do return since I have three Best Buy locations near me.

I would do that too if I could. Though what about when it is shipped to the Best Buy store ?

Well they carry a lot more items than what they used to and their prices are very competitive. Some of the components I have right now I got at Best Buy and they were literally the lowest price. Heck they have sales all the time so you can just walk in there and grab so many high-end components or peripherals without having to fool with ordering anything online. I mean I would love to have a microcenter here but the closest one is over two and a half hours away.

Your lucky the closest Microcenter here is over 6 hours + away. :(

I agree. They do often have great deals and good stock (but not on MBs and cases, I will say) so it's convenient. I have ordered several things from them online and the shipping has always been lightning fast in that regard as well. I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to MicroCenter- the closest is not quite three hours away, but I've also heard of some people making nearly an eight hour trip for there.

Who does Best Buy normally use for shipping ? Plus I am surprised people have traveled 8 hours to go to a Microcenter. That is insane.

I wish Microcenter offered shipping on all there items.

Who does Best Buy normally use for shipping ? Plus I am surprised people have traveled 8 hours to go to a Microcenter. That is insane.

I wish Microcenter offered shipping on all there items.
I've had some smaller items come via FedEx, larger ones via UPS.

I've had some smaller items come via FedEx, larger ones via UPS.

I miss that about BH Photo & Video they use to let you decide what shipping company out of FedEx and UPS to use. Now it is only FedEx. Wish more companies would do that.

Know Best Buy does not either just saying.

Back