Best 3 fan AIO cooler for 3900X CPU?

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
Moderators: I hope this is the best forum for this post. If not, please move or advise me which forum to post in.

I'm tired on the stock fan on my 3900X speeding up, slowing down, speeding up, slowing down. At low speeds, it seems almost dead quiet, but when it speeds up, it's quite noisy. So I think it's time to get an AIO. My case is an old but good Corsair 800D, which can handle a 3 x 140 mm fan radiator.

My case is an old but good Corsair 800D, which can handle a 3 x 140 mm fan radiator.

I also still use an 800D. It only supports 3x 120mm fans up top, aka a 360mm AIO.

I'm currently running a Cooler Master ML360R with 6 120mm fans in push-pull. It has done great with my 3900X before and my 5900X now.

One thing you could try with the stock heatsink is simply adjusting the fan curve in the BIOS to something a bit less aggressive. You might lose a bit of boost speed from the higher temps but it should quiet it down some.

There are three "next gen" AIOs from what I have seen (I think a Tech Jesus video). Most of the others are iterations of either the Asetek or CoolIT design or just aren't as good.

EK 360 AIO (basic or D-RGB or Pro...all have the same radiator just different fans)
Lian Li Gallahad
Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer 2 (bonus because it comes in 360 or 420 if you have the room).

I have the EK 360 basic. I think it was $100 from Amazon and I didn't want LED fans anyway. Works fine with my 5950x. There are down videos if you're interested in any of those 3 products from Tech Jesus.

I also still use an 800D. It only supports 3x 120mm fans up top, aka a 360mm AIO.

I'm currently running a Cooler Master ML360R with 6 120mm fans in push-pull. It has done great with my 3900X before and my 5900X now.

One thing you could try with the stock heatsink is simply adjusting the fan curve in the BIOS to something a bit less aggressive. You might lose a bit of boost speed from the higher temps but it should quiet it down some.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1875-ryzen-3900x-wraith-prism-rgb-vs-liquid-cooler/

It's been a while since I posted this, but it's always a good read when this comes up...

TLDR: You don't gain much (if any) performance, but you gain less noise and lower temps.

Back