Belkin AV360 1080P HDMI-MDP Input Adapter Review

More details coming soon...I just picked this up today.

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=508267

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0360LL/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY

very cool

150 dollars for a goddamn converter? you've gotta be kidding me. that's rape.

Interested in any input lag impressions. Would be nice if it had a passthru so you could plug in more than one displayport device at a time, but I guess that's asking too much...

Interested in any input lag impressions. Would be nice if it had a passthru so you could plug in more than one displayport device at a time, but I guess that's asking too much...

So far I haven't found any input lag -- anything you'd like me to test?

Holy crap everyone, I'm extremely sorry for the delay. I've been SWAMPED at work. I will have some time to do some testing on this tonight.

First of all, I would like to see what everyone would like to hear out of the review. I will test the obvious -- I have an Xbox 360 Slim, PS3 Slim, and a WDTV Live Plus to test with. Let me know what you would like to see out of the review. Thanks!

I picked up one for my own testing purposes.

As far as input lag goes, it seems to be fairly responsive but I'd have to run some more rigorous tests to confirm.

However, my main beef is that the scaling algorithm looks really bad. I think they used some crappy nearest neighbor setting, because if you look at e.g. text and line edges, there's obvious jaggies all over the place. I did a side by side comparison with my NEC 3090 which has an excellent scaler and the NEC's scaling quality just trashed the Belkin implementation - smooth antialiased lines and excellent text quality.

If you sit a bit farther away, it's not as noticeable, but I'm not sure it's really worth spending $150 on this adaptor unless you're really cramped for space and only want to use the iMac. Also, it should be noted that 1080P inputs gets *downscaled* to 720P output, I think Belkin was being rather misleading about this particular point.

Really, I think the optimal solution is that there should be a 27" cinema display w/ a proper set of inputs including HDMI and a decent scaler.

Back