Baldurs Gate 3 - Official Discussion Thread (2019)

Bump 27th will be here hoping we can preorder tommorow as well so I can stop checking wishlist.

This is getting out of hand. Teaser for the announcement of the trailer for the gameplay announcement teaser.

It's more like: "Teaser for the gameplay trailer" Still seems silly but there's a ton of hype for this game.

Nothing wrong with Larain doing the teasing. Some people should keep their teasing to theirselves like teasing
Half Life 3 that stuff should hit the cellar.

This should be a exciting day hopefully they didn't screw kept this game serious and ugly.

EsNTlWm.jpg

jEeuWft.jpg

qlR4Bmg.jpg

2htLlMr.jpg

PM2ysZc.jpg
drYBkxb.jpg

OLP0YhI.jpg

uRbTbmp.jpg

knMpJyl.jpg

The 2nd screenshot shows the char. models they look spiffy not too cartoony. I'm wondering if they are bringing back any original chars.

On Steam people are saying it's Divinity 3 with the BG3 name sake I'm thinking they used assets from Fallen Heroes and just added to this game but it could be good. People just wanted a carbon copy of the Bioware game which this thing is nothing at all. The game still looks like a nice trip and it's in early development so alot could change. I think Swen knew Fallen Heros would be just that without something to push the game so Larian borrowed the Baldurs Gate name.

Be interesting if they tie in anything to the first two games story wise. But from the first look video, its definately Divinity3 with BG/DnD covering. Turn based. Which doesn't bother me too much because the combat in the Divinity games is pretty good, especially for multiplayer. The opening cut scene is well done.

Definitely doesn't look like the Baldur's Gate I remember but I'll give it a shot. Thumbs down for early access also, just finish the game and put it out.

I can't stand the camera. Again, like with most modern games, its too close. Was hoping for one more tied to the classic games but here we are I guess.

Disappointed. Looks more like a Dragon Age game than BG. Although, I shouldn't be surprised. Old is gold, can't replicate it.

Last edited:
Definitely doesn't look like the Baldur's Gate I remember but I'll give it a shot. Thumbs down for early access also, just finish the game and put it out.

I can't stand the camera. Again, like with most modern games, its too close. Was hoping for one more tied to the classic games but here we are I guess.

Disappointed. Looks more like a Dragon Age game than BG. Although, I shouldn't be surprised. Old is gold, can't replicate it.
You can have the camera in isometric view. It just zooms in for cinemas.

I'm looking forward to it. I just hope they don't do something dumb like make Minsc appear (he would be like 130 years old). Unless of course they find him in an imprisonment. ;)

I think it looks fantastic, I may in fact pre-order this despite having an enormous RPG backlog (PoE 1 & 2, DoS 2, several Final Fantasies including XV, Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI, Ni No Kuni 2, Tales of Zestria/Berseria, etc) which I will probably never get through.

I think it looks fantastic, I may in fact pre-order this despite having an enormous RPG backlog (PoE 1 & 2, DoS 2, several Final Fantasies including XV, Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI, Ni No Kuni 2, Tales of Zestria/Berseria, etc) which I will probably never get through.

You haven't beaten The Witcher 3 yet?!! For shame. Best RPG in 20 years.

You haven't beaten The Witcher 3 yet?!! For shame. Best RPG in 20 years.

Yeah I know, racked up 90 hours and then decided to play some other titles which were being neglected but didn't get around to resuming the play through. Work, social and family commitments make it really hard to work through these massively long games, was much easier when I was an irresponsible student with unlimited time on my hands.

They are saying this is not coming out for consoles. Let me correct that, current gen consoles. There is zero chance this doesn't hit consoles. It will just be a title for PS5/Xbox 4

Looks like I figured it would. I'm really looking forward to this one as a life-long D&D player. Neverwinter was a ton of fun, but I miss the strategic elements from the old games.

I wonder what type if display they are showing the game on some Dells in the background maybe a 4k IPS or something whatever they are using it looks good unless the colors just look that saturated in game DOS 2 was kinda muddy.

Swen has to explain everything =) Looks good the graphics look like DOS 2 though they might have cleaned up the textures unless he's playing on low settings. One character for exploring the area then it goes to all 4 characters once you engage in combat. Unless that changes one thing with DOS your characters stumble on each other when pathfinding. Hoping the spell combos are amazing later on I think they are just showing the early entry levels. One thing I don't like the monsters are pretty ugly not sure if they are Dungeon and Dragons monsters but they could of cut them out or just have mainly NPCs the fight Gnolls Kobolds and Mages and Druids to fight.

Last edited:
Back