backplate on 3080ti with waterblock gets super hot?

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
Is it normal for the backplate on a 3080ti with a waterblock to get too hot to touch? When I play games the gpu never gets above 57C, but the backplate is too hot to touch. Is this normal? Does the 3080ti need an active watercooled backplate?

Is it normal for the backplate on a 3080ti with a waterblock to get too hot to touch? When I play games the gpu never gets above 57C, but the backplate is too hot to touch. Is this normal? Does the 3080ti need an active watercooled backplate?
seems like it is heatsinking components under, which is good. you can see if there is w/c back plates for it or give it a bit of airflow.
ps: 57c is "too hot to touch" for most but fine for components that are good to 100+

I've seen some gpu miners do some funky stuff on their 3080/3090 backplates to keep VRAM temps down. like plopping an entire OEM intel/amd heatsink fan right on top and getting massive temperature decreases.

Honestly, it's something I would love to try... if I had a 3080!

It's normal for the RTX 3090 FE cards. That's also why a lot of RTX 3090 blocks have active backplates now.

Back