Baby-shower Registry

SirViro

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi, I'm currently designing a Baby Shower Registry and I'm looking for some pointers on how to accomplish this. I want to set it up as a MySQL driven PHP app.

I figure I'd have a list of the things we want and need. Next to it will be a check box. A person goes onto the site, check the item they bought, inputs their name, then the script would update a column that stated whether the item was purchased or not. Or for some items do a count of how many have been gotten.

For your tables I'd make a table for:
- items
- users
- purchased items

The purchased item table would basically just link the user, item they purchased, and maybe the quantity.

Should be pretty easy to do some simple queries from that to find how many items have been purchased and so forth.

This sounds like a pretty cool idea to me. One question though, are you going to have a premade list of things to buy? The reason I ask is because maybe somebody thinks of somethig that isn't on the list and so therefore you could have a way for them to add that item to the list.

You also might want to have a way for people to view a list of items already purchased (or about to be purchased) and who did the purchasing. Maybe a couple of people (or a group) would want to go in together on an item that actually might be kind of pricey for just one person to purchase.

Actually this doesn't sound like it'll be all that hard to do. Good luck.

Back