B550 Tomahawk works with 750Ti, not 1070

sappyse107

Limp Gawd
Its a refurb motherboard so it might just be junk, but it makes no sense to me either. The whole system works with a B450-F so everything else is proven. Put a 750ti in there and it boots up normal. 1070 gives no input to display. Any ideas before I return it?

Its a refurb motherboard so it might just be junk, but it makes no sense to me either. The whole system works with a B450-F so everything else is proven. Put a 750ti in there and it boots up normal. 1070 gives no input to display. Any ideas before I return it?
You can try this
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/#:~:text=To enable the latest DisplayPort 1.3 / 1.4,give the user the option to update it.

and also make sure the Tomahawk has the latest bios.

Last edited:
Been an eventful day with the B450-F losing both NVME slots and killing my boot drive. After swapping boards back and forth, I got the firmware updated on the video card but it still wasn't getting to the bios or showing anything. Decided to press in on the video card pretty hard since its heavier than a 750Ti, and the damn thing worked! Didn't make any sounds like something finally seating, but I am supporting the card with zip ties now just in case:) Not sure if the firmware helped or not since it was working on the B-450F but thank you for showing me that. It can't be the problem now:D

Back