B550 Aorus Elite XMP

samuelmorris

Supreme [H]ardness
After having run this machine for a while I only recently noticed XMP was not enabled. A month or two back I did RMA my previous board (needlessly), shortly before I discovered the issue with Ryzen CPUs and USB disconnections, so it's possible XMP was running on the previous board, just not this one. That said, if I try and enable XMP now, it shows as enabled in the BIOS under Profile 1, yet memory speed remains at 2133mhz. I have tried disabling XMP and manually forcing the memory speed to 3200 at 1.35V, but this setting is simply reverted as soon as the machine reboots. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Current settings shown in the image below

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X MTS-B0
M/B: B550 Aorus Elite V2
RAM: Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3200C16

Thanks in advance

Same result at 1.4V - also tried manually changing the timings from 15-15-15-36 set automatically to the 16-18-18-36 advised by Corsair, to no avail.

Same result at 1.4V - also tried manually changing the timings from 15-15-15-36 set automatically to the 16-18-18-36 advised by Corsair, to no avail.
are you going off of what it says on the right side in the bios? that might just be showing the base jdec speed for your sticks. have you checked what speed is shown with cpuz? if it shows "dual 1600" youre good.
1615120676569.png

thats what my 3400 shows...

bios up to date? will it hold any settings between 2133 and 3200?

I haven't had the chance to try an updated BIOS yet. It's not an old board though, being revision 2. Profile 1 should already be enough as it explicitly states 3200MHz at 1.35V which is what the memory is supposed to run at.

It's absolutely not time for an Asus board. Everyone has their own personal experiences and clearly not everything a brand produce is bad, but personally I've had nothing but grief with Asus hardware and refuse to use it.

Well, I know this doesn't help you exactly, but I have a GB B550i board, and I don't have this issue. So it seems to be something with either your particular memory or motherboard. I'm guessing those are Hynix ICCs based on the timings. That's what I have also.

Back