Atomic Heart

Sounds like the game went through development hell, but what else is new?

https://twistedvoxel.com/atomic-heart-trailers-vertical-slice-crunches-mismanagement/

Happens. I also wonder how it went with Nvidia being involved. Maybe they pumped resources into it, then backed off when things weren't on schedule, and then the devs had to clean up. Never know. Or, it could just be classic mismanagement. I'll have to check out that link in a bit. Crunches NEVER help a development cycle. When there would normally be a crunch, the team should simply push the product out a few months, work normal hours, and repeat another couple of times if necessary. Still a little pressure to deliver, but not in-human(e) conditions that cause people and games to break. I have a friend that worked for a huge game dev. During the crunches for one game, two or three of them lost their wives (including my friend). He went completely off the deep end due to a subsequent chain of events, and still hasn't recovered 100%. (though he's MUCH better now) Still though, a few people have the ability to work like that. Most do not. It really destroys most people.

I find it odd they hired a voice actor for the player character who sounds like a California bro. A Russian accent would have made more sense.

Did Brandon from San Diego just happen to be visiting Russia when all of that craziness went down? 😳

I find it odd they hired a voice actor for the player character who sounds like a California bro. A Russian accent would have made more sense.

Did Brandon from San Diego just happen to be visiting Russia when all of that craziness went down? 😳
I think most studios outsource international voice acting to a 3rd party. Most likely they wanted the main character to sound more "native" to the audience.

Not the choice I would have made, but hey.

The beginning looks like it was a Russian Worlds fair or an World Expo, not to weird to say an American could of been there.

I think I would rather prefer Brandon, than the generic Artyoms, Idiots, Burbons, from Metro, and Borov, Yoga and Friar from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
But that's just me.

I think most studios outsource international voice acting to a 3rd party. Most likely they wanted the main character to sound more "native" to the audience.

Not the choice I would have made, but hey.

Yeah I don't like it when games do that. I'm sure they could have found a Russian that spoke English.

The beginning looks like it was a Russian Worlds fair or an World Expo, not to weird to say an American could of been there.

I think I would rather prefer Brandon, than the generic Artyoms, Idiots, Burbons, from Metro, and Borov, Yoga and Friar from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
But that's just me.
That's a fair point.
I guess I'm saying I find it a little jarring in terms of tone. The player protagonist just sounds so generically American.

That's a fair point.
I guess I'm saying I find it a little jarring in terms of tone. The player protagonist just sounds so generically American.
I'll point out that this is natively in Russian by Russian devs. I'm not certain what options will be, but theoretically if you wanted to hear the original Russian voice acting that would/could be an option. In that past sometimes only the region intended would get a particular series of voice actors. In the past 5 years or so (maybe up to 10) it's been possible to use native with subs.

Here is the Russian version of the trailer, the protagonist's voice is in certain conversations in there:

Hopefully this launch goes better than Callisto's. :whistle:
Performance aside, I think Atomic Heart already looks to be a better game than Callisto Protocol.

hopefully the game actually matches the pre-release hype...too many games don't live up to the massive hype...this is my most anticipated new title of 2023

I've been waiting on this game for years. It might scratch my Fallout itch according to the video you just posted.
Hype be damn!

It's showing a February 20th release date so I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic. I desperately want to be excited for this game, but I've been so disappointed in the past that I don't want to get my hopes up until I can actually play it!

they really should have made this a next-gen only game...looks like another game that will get a post-launch patch that improves the graphics even more...

Does the game support the new NVIDIA RTX DI (Direct Illumination) technique?

Not yet, but we are working closely with NVIDIA to make this happen in the future with one of the game updates

The new GeForce RTX 4000 Series also introduced Shader Execution Reordering (SER), Opacity Micro-Maps (OMM), and Displaced Micro-Mesh (DMM) to help with ray tracing optimization. Are you planning to take advantage of any of them?

You know, a lot of new technologies are released every day. Many projects are already in production and so close to release you cannot simply add some new features to the existing roadmap. However, we are looking forward to exploring how to integrate more really cool technologies in our next projects

https://wccftech.com/atomic-heart-final-q-fsr-2-confirmed-old-consoles-will-be-fine/

You've already announced four DLC packs. Can you provide a rough outline of what they'll include? Could one of them be the multiplayer mode that you discussed a few years ago?

The entire Atomic Heart experience will be single-player, focusing on the story and player experience. No multiplayer add-ons are planned at this time. The DLCs are intended to greatly expand the player experience with new territories, quests, puzzles, enemies, as well as character and world stories. We plan to significantly expand both the open-world territories, as well as new complexes and labs - where the player will learn more about the Atomic Heart world and will need to complete new challenges.

From the older Q&A a few weeks back:

More info here.

I really want to play this one but if the DLC is substantial I almost feel like waiting for the complete game. But who knows how long that would take.

This forum just keeps getting buggier and vbggier or my android tablet, what in God's name is wrong with it

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/at...ul-fps-but-i-wish-it-had-a-silent-protagonist

It seems that my concerns about the stereotypical west coast bro-dude Brandon voiced protagonist are legit. I hope it's possible to shut him up or at least switch it to Russian
I've only played one or two games where I got to the point of wanting to off myself because of the protagonist saying stupid shit.
Painkiller: Overdose "Taste like chicken" every 3½ minutes.

And Michael Biehn in Blood Dragon, even though I can't fault Kyle Reese for anything. Hopefully we can shut him up by discarding some wav.'s In Atomic Heart. Because I doubt seriously there will be a toggle to silence him.

This is one of those games I want to play after I get a new GPU, but with current prices I am not sure when that will be.

Mundfish has confirmed that its highly anticipated first-person shooter, Atomic Heart, will be using the Denuvo anti-tamper tech...but Mundfish claims that it doesn’t know whether Denuvo will impact the game’s performance...if it does though, the developer claims that DLSS 3 will win back those losses

how does the developer not know if Denuvo will have any performance impact??

Mundfish has confirmed that its highly anticipated first-person shooter, Atomic Heart, will be using the Denuvo anti-tamper tech...but Mundfish claims that it doesn’t know whether Denuvo will impact the game’s performance...if it does though, the developer claims that DLSS 3 will win back those losses

how does the developer not know if Denuvo will have any performance impact??
That's... not a great look for them.
"Don't worry! If using Denuvo, a DRM that famously affects performance, somehow mysteriously ends up affecting performance, you can use Frame Generation tech only available on three brand-new GPU models to get that performance back with only a mild to moderate to very noticeable image quality degradation!"

They didn't confirm Denuvo last I heard, but rather they are testing some type of DRM. Most likely yes, it will be Denuvo. DLSS is great but it should be something that masks performance problems because DLSS comes with an image quality hit or other side issues if using DLSS 3.

The gameplay demos, 'beat around the bush' about denuvo performance and recommendations to use $800+ video cards to mitigate performance issues make this look less and less appealing.

Such a shame because the art style looks so good.

Back