Atomic Heart

This and STALKER 2. Looks like no firm release date, so probably late 2021 or early 2020. Around the time of STALKER 2.

2022 is shaping up to be an amazing year for gaming (PC in particular)- Elden Ring, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Atomic Heart

2022 is shaping up to be an amazing year for gaming (PC in particular)- Elden Ring, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Atomic Heart

Here is what I am looking forward to in 2021-2022:

STALKER 2
Atomic Heart
FF7 Remake on PC (pretty much confirmed after 6 month exclusivity is done for the PS5 version)
Uncharted 4
Far Cry 6
Starfield <- Need to check gameplay first
Horizon Forbidden West - too hopeful?

Good list of things I am interested in.

Very interesting visuals. Added to wish list; we'll see what happens with it but I'm hopeful it'll be a very weird and fun game.

Looks good. Wish the characters had Russian accents like STALKER though. Lip syncing seems to be very off for the English voice acting so hopefully that improves. Otherwise it looks good, and I knew this would see a big delay. Still disappointed both this and STALKER are put off to late 2022. So a September, October or November release date.

the gameplay, combat and weirdness still look excellent but the graphics don't seem on the same jawdropping level as earlier trailers...graphics downgrade?

the gameplay, combat and weirdness still look excellent but the graphics don't seem on the same jawdropping level as earlier trailers...graphics downgrade?
Likely, and/or console not PC footage.

Atomic Heart: New Developer Q&A

IGN: What have been your inspirations for Atomic Heart? It seems to remind many folks of BioShock (in a very good way).

Mundfish: First of all, we've drawn inspiration from the Soviet sci-fi and the space discovery era in the USSR. Stanislaw Lem, Arkady and Boris Strugatsky, science fiction magazine 'Tekhnika Molodezhi' – the '50s–'60s era – it is the golden age in science, arts, architecture

https://www.ign.com/articles/atomic-heart-release-window-new-developer-q-and-a

Graphics look good but yes, not quite jaw dropping. With luck max settings on PC will look better but I assume the initial videos were small sections and they couldn't make the lighting and assets look that good throughout the game.

You guys are crazy! This game looks just as gorgeous. Probably the best looking game ive seen in a long time. Can not wait.

Likely, and/or console not PC footage.

Graphics look good but yes, not quite jaw dropping. With luck max settings on PC will look better but I assume the initial videos were small sections and they couldn't make the lighting and assets look that good throughout the game.

when comparing it to this earlier RTX trailer it definitely doesn't look as amazing graphics-wise...great art style and animation but it looks less detailed...

the difference between tightly-designed concept footage meant to show the game engine at it's best vs actual final game footage often disappoints :-/

Still no release date? Articles seem to mention "2022". I expect another delay. But it does look good.

the last trailer said that it would be released in late 2022 in a month ending with 'BER'...so Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec

I know, but that is 3rd of a year, not a date. One thing I hate about websites these days is you'll Google the release date and a bunch of articles will come up saying "Game has a release date!" There will be 5 paragraphs and eventually they will write that the game is coming "sometime in the future". That isn't a date, and you could've written that in a few words:

No release date. Expected in time frame XYZ.

Gaming journalism is just awful.

Last edited:
this is one of the most unique looking games I've ever seen...I really hopes it lives up to the hype...gameplay and graphics look incredible- a true next-gen ray-tracing showcase
It seems like the definition of hype is that it's impossible to live up to... hopefully they'll prove me wrong, though.

Just imagine if the gameplay and story actually lives up to the visuals...

I'm definitely on board for this one. I just hope performance isn't an issue. It looks a step beyond current similar games and it also looks like it'll benefit from high FPS. Worst case, I'll get the console version.

It seems like the definition of hype is that it's impossible to live up to... hopefully they'll prove me wrong, though.

Just imagine if the gameplay and story actually lives up to the visuals...

The previous trailers had bad English dubbing/syncing. Hopefully that changed. I feel like that might be the low point, but the design and gameplay looks fun.

Atomic Heart to be published by Focus Entertainment, delayed to winter

Atomic Heart has found a Western publisher thanks to the freshly announced deal between Mundfish and Focus Home Interactive

the announcement also comes with a slightly veiled confirmation of a delay, as the press release says that the game originally scheduled for 2022 will now launch in the Winter season, so presumably in early 2023...a more precise release date for Atomic Heart will reportedly be shared soon...

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/ato...shed-by-focus-entertainment-delayed-to-winter

Atomic Heart has found a Western publisher thanks to the freshly announced deal between Mundfish and Focus Home Interactive

the announcement also comes with a slightly veiled confirmation of a delay, as the press release says that the game originally scheduled for 2022 will now launch in the Winter season, so presumably in early 2023...a more precise release date for Atomic Heart will reportedly be shared soon...

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/ato...shed-by-focus-entertainment-delayed-to-winter
Nice to hear confirmation that it will actually make it to western markets.

I knew this would happen as the date wasn't pinned down and the year only had a few months left. Even as summer came by I assumed this would get delayed. I think this is the second delay now? Hopefully when it does release it will run well though.

Finally a date. Cautiously optimistic though, this has been in the works for a while. I hope they managed to polish it up for a smooth release but can't help but feel like this will be another Saints Row and Gotham Knights in terms of bugs.

Finally a date. Cautiously optimistic though, this has been in the works for a while. I hope they managed to polish it up for a smooth release but can't help but feel like this will be another Saints Row and Gotham Knights in terms of bugs.
More than anything, I enjoy when a game is made with passion. This definitely looks like the devs WANTED to make this.

Back