Not quite SFX 132 x 128 x 63.5mm
Not 80plus certified.
No reviews.
Seems to be only available for OEMs.

Not quite SFX 132 x 128 x 63.5mm
Not 80plus certified.
No reviews.
Seems to be only available for OEMs.

Yeah, I hadn't noticed that it's out of sfx specification. the 80 plus I'm not as concerned about, and I wasn't sure as to the oem status, since they claim a 3 year warranty, which is very unusual for oem products. Regardless, If they do become available, I'm gonna be tempted to see if I can fit one into my M1.

there's a 600w version @ newegg, but this would definitely take it up a notch :p

Though most people won't care about weight,
Silverstone 450W bronze - 1kg
Silverstone 450W gold - 1.45kg
Athena 600W - 2.25kg

The fan also looks small. It's either loud or it's going to be hot.

Though most people won't care about weight,
Silverstone 450W bronze - 1kg
Silverstone 450W gold - 1.45kg
Athena 600W - 2.25kg

The fan also looks small. It's either loud or it's going to be hot.

Yeah, on the other hand, it is a pair of fans. Although it likely will be more loud, I'm still hoping to find some reviews before I have to find out first hand.

is there a modular version?

No, and remember adding modular connector sockets to a PSU makes it longer. These Athena Apollo units are 132mm long, the NCase M1 is only 160mm high total. I'd imagine that a modular version would not be useable.

No combined +12v number on the product page. The 600W version has 516W/43A. The 400W and 470W versions (on Newegg) don't show a combined number.

Other thing to wonder is quality.

These Athena Apollo units are 132mm long, the NCase M1 is only 160mm high total. I'd imagine that a modular version would not be useable.
160mm wide, not high. M1 is 240mm tall. It's weird that this PSU is just slightly (3mm) wider than the SFX spec, which makes it uncertain whether it'll fit in the M1 or not. If it wasn't for that (and the likely excessive non-modular cables), I don't think it would be a problem.

I'm torn between H60i and ATX CX600 or H100i with ST45SF. This 600W PSU could potentially allow me the best of both worlds.

Nice! Very glad to see some competition in this segment again.

Hopefully that will light a match over at Silverstone to get their ST45SF/-G successor to market sooner rather than later. With the power-hungry 290X just out, they stand to loose sales to Athena, as well as other small ATX PSU manufacturers.

Nice catch, hopefully we'll see some reviews on these soon. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817338105

Interestingly enough, I just found a press release warning customers that purchased this PSU at Newegg to check for invalid Underwriters Laboratories markings. Not sure what's up with that..

http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/2013/10/04/LA91789

No, and remember adding modular connector sockets to a PSU makes it longer. These Athena Apollo units are 132mm long, the NCase M1 is only 160mm high total. I'd imagine that a modular version would not be useable.
ok, the main reason I want a modular version is keep the 4 pin cable outside my case

Back