Asus Z690 Hero board failures

So an ASUS tech called me to see if I can contact Newegg and ask for a refund or replacement. After checking with Newegg, it looks like they will accept a return for this despite the purchase being back in November, so I guess that is what I will be doing. ASUS will now need to send the board back to me so that I can then send it back to Newegg. Woof. This is quite the bit of a runaround. In the end I won't even have a working board for probably another few months. Which I will need to repurchase. But hey! At least I can rebuy it in one of Newegg's stupid DDR5 bundles. Joy.

get an apex, not much more
I need to sit down and compare the specs between them. At a glance I'm a fan of the 2 DDR5 DIMM slots. You don't need 4. Aside from that, I don't quite like the aesthetics of it next to the Hero.

I need to sit down and compare the specs between them. At a glance I'm a fan of the 2 DDR5 DIMM slots. You don't need 4. Aside from that, I don't quite like the aesthetics of it next to the Hero.
I don't look at PC Gamer for reviews much but they do make some valid points here. Apex Review

Newegg restocked Hero boards today. Just ordered one so we'll see if it's fine or not. I assume it will be since I'm sure Newegg returned all of the affected boards within the indicated product/serial number range to ASUS.

Back