Asus X570 Dark Hero, no sticker seal on the box?

professional loser

Limp Gawd
I just received my Crosshair Dark Hero X570 MOBO. The box has no circular seal sticker that one has to break to open the box. For example on this YT video at 8 second mark there seems to be a seal.

My box looks brand new, no damage or opened sticker mark or fingerprints. Could it be that Asus ships some without a seal? I bought it the very second they came in stock as they were always sold out and again the 10 pieces got sold out instantly, so chances of it being a return are close to zero. What do you think?

This is example video I found online-

Last edited:
I've never had a seal on a motherboard box. Not once. When I unpacked my Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro Wifi the other day I was shocked to find some tape on the anti-static bag the motherboard was in, though. I have run into that before but it has been rare.

Toss a CPU, some RAM and a video card in it and check to see if it works. That's the only thing that matters.

Looks fine. Everything there. Even the plastic wrap on the southbridge and I/O.

That is not my video :) That is an unboxing video that I found online! Here I have attached my actual photos now. The red circle show where the seal would have been, the online Youtube video seems to have a seal. Yes you are right even my one still has plastic wrap on the various parts.

DH2.jpg
DH1.jpg

I've never had a seal on a motherboard box. Not once. When I unpacked my Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro Wifi the other day I was shocked to find some tape on the anti-static bag the motherboard was in, though. I have run into that before but it has been rare.

Toss a CPU, some RAM and a video card in it and check to see if it works. That's the only thing that matters.

That is the only part I have right now for the new workstation lol Waiting on Ryzen 5950X etc

That is the only part I have right now for the new workstation lol Waiting on Ryzen 5950X etc
I only ordered my motherboard because I already had everything I needed to make sure it would all work. I'm still running my Ryzen 2600x in it with the new RAM. I'm still hoping (but losing hope fast) that I can get my hands on a 5900x to drop in it. It's going to suck if I have to settle for a 5800x but I really would like to get my new CPU for it so I can transfer my old stuff into my server to replace my Q6600 which was the main reason for the upgrade in the first place.

Well if it means anything, when I got my ROG Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard last year for my AMD Ryzen build, my ASUS ROG motherboard box wasn't sealed either. It did come brand new though and has been working great so there is that. Thanks. Out!

I just received my Crosshair Dark Hero X570 MOBO. The box has no circular seal sticker that one has to break to open the box. For example on this YT video at 8 second mark there seems to be a seal.

My box looks brand new, no damage or opened sticker mark or fingerprints. Could it be that Asus ships some without a seal? I bought it the very second they came in stock as they were always sold out and again the 10 pieces got sold out instantly, so chances of it being a return are close to zero. What do you think?

This is example video I found online-

Those seal stickers seem to be random. That one actually says Asus. So it seems like Asus themselves may have put that on there. But its not common for Mobo boxes or even some videocards.

That sticker looks like a vendor sticker. I have yet to get a mobo from Asus in the past 25 years that had a sticker holding the box closed.

OP, what country are you located in?
I am in the USA and the Dark Hero I got in January from Newegg had a round black Asus sticker on the box where your red circle is located.
In the USA it is common to have stickers and shrink wrap on boxes because it prevents opening the box and stealing something inside.
Other countries do not do this as much.
For a non-computer example, Tamiya RC car kits in the USA are always shrink wrapped by Tamiya America, who is the North American importer and distributor for Tamiya Japan. But in other countries, the kit boxes are never shrink wrapped. That is why if you order from overseas, such as Hong Kong or Japan, the kit will not have any wrapping and you can just pop the top off and see everything inside.

OP, what country are you located in?
I am in the USA and the Dark Hero I got in January from Newegg had a round black Asus sticker on the box where your red circle is located.
In the USA it is common to have stickers and shrink wrap on boxes because it prevents opening the box and stealing something inside.
Other countries do not do this as much.
For a non-computer example, Tamiya RC car kits in the USA are always shrink wrapped by Tamiya America, who is the North American importer and distributor for Tamiya Japan. But in other countries, the kit boxes are never shrink wrapped. That is why if you order from overseas, such as Hong Kong or Japan, the kit will not have any wrapping and you can just pop the top off and see everything inside.
That's what we are saying: mobo and Gpu boxes seem to randomnly have tamper stickers. I just got an Intel 500 series Asrock mobo from Newegg about a month ago---no tamper stickers sealing the box. I've seen several videocards on Ebay recently with no tamper stickers, either.

That is not my video :) That is an unboxing video that I found online! Here I have attached my actual photos now. The red circle show where the seal would have been, the online Youtube video seems to have a seal. Yes you are right even my one still has plastic wrap on the various parts.
Ah, lol, sorry. Yours looks good as well. Enjoy it.

Ok, thanks everyone! You are all great :) I am convinced now that it is brand new and unopened MOBO. Just to reply to some questions-

- Yes, I am not in the USA, I am in Central Europe.
- This MOBO does not come inside an antistatic bag with seal. The You Tube video guy did not have his MOBO inside a bag either. There is an antistatic foil under the MOBO. The MOBO comes with plastic covering on top. Photo attached.

DHx.jpg

Ok, thanks everyone! You are all great :) I am convinced now that it is brand new and unopened MOBO. Just to reply to some questions-

- Yes, I am not in the USA, I am in Central Europe.
- This MOBO does not come inside an antistatic bag with seal. The You Tube video guy did not have his MOBO inside a bag either. There is an antistatic foil under the MOBO. The MOBO comes with plastic covering on top. Photo attached.

View attachment 342365
A lot of boards don't come in bag nowadays either. Enjoy the board!

Mine had a seal. Same board. Same sticker as the video in OP. Bought from Micro Center.

Just test it, if it works then I don't see a problem.

Last edited:
I just got mine today and it does have an Asus seal on it.
I ordered from BLT sales.
IMG_1288.JPEG

maybe theyve started adding them after all the wtfs?! maybe its a regional thing?

Back