asus vh238 wigging out

Morlock

Limp Gawd
It's old and it's started wigging out - the control displays keep popping up as if I'm pressing the buttons, but I'm not. I removed the buttons about a year ago, actually, because it was doing something similar then. The brightness display being on half the time is actually pretty benign; this morning it started popping up the bigger menus and endlessly cycling through the choices. It takes up about a fifth of the screen and it's very distracting.

It's my second monitor but my whole Daz studio setup relies on it at the moment. I can disable it and reconfigure my layouts and workflows (new monitor won't be in the budget for another month or two), but I'd rather fix it. I'm having sporadic success using whatever's on hand to reach in and press the buttons on the board inside, but that's a PITA and only sporadically successful. I downloaded the only software ASUS offers but it doesn't do anything relevant, AFAICT.

Also open to suggestions as to how to take it apart, remove the panel, and put it into another case (or simply repair the monitor); to my uneducated eye the panel seems fine, and the issue is with the electronics or mechanicals attached to it.

Is there some third party software that will let me lock the monitor? The manual controls have taken a powder (otherwise I'd try locking it through the controls).

Never mind, this thing is wigging out too hard. Ordered a $70 monitor from Amazon.

Back