Asus TUF Gaming B550-PRO

flopticalcube

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have this board? Seems it will run anything from a Ryzen 5 1600AF all the way up to a Ryzen 9 5950X. Lots of USB ports and a type-c front panel header.

Yes, B550 chipset is only a year old. Supports Zen 3. But...may need a bios flash, first. However, it comes with the bios flashback feature. Where you can flash the bios from a USB drive, even if it doesn't boot with a Zen 3 CPU in the socket.

Thanks. It appears to be a very hard-to-find board but kind of ticks the boxes I was looking for.

Last edited:
When you said it supported a 1600 CPU, I had to double check for myself. Probably one of the few boards B550 board that supports (almost?) every AM4 processor. B450/X470 for the most part do, but they lack PCIe 4.0 that the B550 has.

Most B550 boards I've seen only work with 3XXX/5XXX CPUs.

When you said it supported a 1600 CPU, I had to double check for myself. Probably one of the few boards B550 board that supports (almost?) every AM4 processor. B450/X470 for the most part do, but they lack PCIe 4.0 that the B550 has.

Most B550 boards I've seen only work with 3XXX/5XXX CPUs.
I think it supports them all from Ryzen 3 1200 all the way up. Not sure if it will be extended to support the B2 stepping or 3D VC chips but I don't see why not. Probably will have to reflash firmware whether stepping up or down in CPU. An interesting board. 12+2 phase VRM same as other Asus B550 boards like the Strix.

I think it supports them all from Ryzen 3 1200 all the way up. Not sure if it will be extended to support the B2 stepping or 3D VC chips but I don't see why not. Probably will have to reflash firmware whether stepping up or down in CPU. An interesting board. 12+2 phase VRM same as other Asus B550 boards like the Strix.
I have the TUF Gaming X570 board and it doesn't support the first gen Ryzen CPUs. Only 2XXX and above which is why I looked for myself.

I would think the B2/3D cache chips would be fine with a bios flash.

I would be incredibly surprised if it doesn't support the 3D V-Cache chips.

Back