Asus Strix x570i only post with 1 stick of ram

dcun201

Limp Gawd
Hi I have been trying to troubleshoot this for weeks. For some reason my mobo only boot up with 1 stick of ram and its only on the slot closest to the CPU. I am getting a solid amber light error which means its Dram related.

Pc parts
Amd 5600x
Asus strix 570i
Corsair LPX 16gb 3200ram
EVGA 750GM
Samsung 950pro 500gb Nvme
Gigabyte Aorus 3080ti
Noctua NH-U9S

Things I tried:
- Took out mobo from case and test to see if there was any short.
- Tried booting it without a cooler
- Tried both sticks of rams and they both will only boot on that one ddr slot on the mobo. Also tried another set and still the same issue.
- Even ordered the same CPU and same mobo on Amazon to test and I am still getting the same issues. So I am stumped.

I checked for bent cpu pins and there was none. Any help would be appreciated otherwise I may just have to live with using just 1 stick of ram.

Hi I have been trying to troubleshoot this for weeks. For some reason my mobo only boot up with 1 stick of ram and its only on the slot closest to the CPU. I am getting a solid amber light error which means its Dram related.

Pc parts
Amd 5600x
Asus strix 570i
Corsair LPX 16gb 3200ram
EVGA 750GM
Samsung 950pro 500gb Nvme
Gigabyte Aorus 3080ti
Noctua NH-U9S

Things I tried:
- Took out mobo from case and test to see if there was any short.
- Tried booting it without a cooler
- Tried both sticks of rams and they both will only boot on that one ddr slot on the mobo. Also tried another set and still the same issue.
- Even ordered the same CPU and same mobo on Amazon to test and I am still getting the same issues. So I am stumped.

I checked for bent cpu pins and there was none. Any help would be appreciated otherwise I may just have to live with using just 1 stick of ram.
RMA the board and be sure to document the tests you've done.

So your saying another board and cpu exhibit the same behavior? Perhaps the 3.3V output of the power supply is failing to supply enough power to support more than 1 memory module. Take a good look at the 24 pin connector of your psu to see if any connector pins are pushed out and improperly seated into the plastic retainer causing a poor connection at the motherboard. 3.3V voltage is supplied via orange wire and monitored/controlled via brown wire. A quality voltmeter for checking is recommended before replacement of the psu. 24 pin connector pinout here.

So your saying another board and cpu exhibit the same behavior? Perhaps the 3.3V output of the power supply is failing to supply enough power to support more than 1 memory module. Take a good look at the 24 pin connector of your psu to see if any connector pins are pushed out and improperly seated into the plastic retainer causing a poor connection at the motherboard. 3.3V voltage is supplied via orange wire and monitored/controlled via brown wire. A quality voltmeter for checking is recommended before replacement of the psu. 24 pin connector pinout here.
This https://www.thermaltake.com/dr-power-ii.html

use one stick to boot and up the ram voltage in bios to 1.4v. save, reboot, shut down and then try adding the second stick.

I am dealing with a similar issue on a motherboard, in my instance it happens to be trace damage. If you've inspected it visually and there is no appearance of damage then I agree with a previous poster. Take very good pictures of the board, make a video of testing the Ram. Then RMA it.

I haven't thought about PSU. Will try that out this weekend.

Back