Asus rtx 4080 oc

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
So my last card was a evga 2080ti and i mostly use microsoft flight sim i was getting 35 fps now the new card i am getting same fps i updated al the drivers the computer is reading the 4080 but still same fps is this possible?

Last edited:
It's possible that the graphics card wasn't the limiting factor. As I recall, FS2020 is pretty heavily CPU bound, so it may be that your CPU and RAM aren't fast enough to push the framerate faster than that.

What does the GPU utilization look like in GPU-Z when the game is running?

It's possible that the graphics card wasn't the limiting factor. As I recall, FS2020 is pretty heavily CPU bound, so it may be that your CPU and RAM aren't fast enough to push the framerate faster than that.

What does the GPU utilization look like in GPU-Z when the game is running?
sorry i am dumb when it comes to this stuff were do i see the gpu utilization ?

However with a 5950 I would think that you would not be cpu limited. What resolution are you trying to run fs2020 at?

Task Manager, or you can use a program like afterburner
so under task manager the very top says 39% next next to flight sim says 27% i think something else is wrong even while fs is loading when u press start flying and its like showing video its dropping down to 3 fps then when it starts and plane sitting on runway its 49 fps then soon as u take off close to land 3 fps but if u climb away from the ground it goes back to 49

This was not happening to me i am realizing this started like 2 weeks ago and if i think back i did update fs 202 and there was a driver update from nvdia something changed with my 2080 i ran like 30 fps all the time

For what it's worth, MS flight simulator is one of the games that shows HUGE gains from the extra cache on the 5800X3D. It would suck to give up half of your cores compared to your 5950, but if you're not actually using those cores on a regular basis, it would probably be a great upgrade for you.

Wait lol !!!!! SO let me get this right i have pretty much the best stuff on the market u can but and u telling me it can not handle ms flight sim!!!!!!!!!!! Well stayed tuned guys i will post the video soon as i unhook everything and bring the machine in the yard i got a gallon of gas and im going to see how all this top end stuff burns!!! I will keep it overclocked and full cores while it burns it will burn smoother !!!!! wow i am really speechless !!!! thank u guys so much for helphing me i bet if i did bring this to someone knows what they doing could tune this better ,

Wait lol !!!!! SO let me get this right i have pretty much the best stuff on the market u can but and u telling me it can not handle ms flight sim!!!!!!!!!!! Well stayed tuned guys i will post the video soon as i unhook everything and bring the machine in the yard i got a gallon of gas and im going to see how all this top end stuff burns!!! I will keep it overclocked and full cores while it burns it will burn smoother !!!!! wow i am really speechless !!!! thank u guys so much for helphing me i bet if i did bring this to someone knows what they doing could tune this better ,
You might want to look at how your 5950x is actually running during gameplay. Look at temps, latency, etc.

I also bought a new power supply corsair hx1200 any know what the switch in the back does single or double i read what it says but dont understand or know which way i should leave it? thanks

wow!!! guys i switched the setting in fs2020 under anti aliasing from nvidia dlss to amd fsr2 and omg !!! what a differance it jumped my fps to 80 and im flying low and extremly smooth i feel happy again i may not burn the system!!!

You have enough GPU at piddly 1080p that you shouldn’t need any scaling.

Anyone know why precision x1 does not pick up that i have 3 fans is it cause i have an asus card ? and does not always display all the options of other cards? yes i did reinstall the latest version ..

its at 1920x1080
You bought a 4080 for 1080p? Have you been living under a rock and not even looking gpu reviews? FFS your 2080 ti was not even gpu limited at 1080p for 99% of games. In fact a 2080 ti at just 1080p is more powerful than a 4090 at 4k. Even with the fastest cpu on the planet a 4080 will be twiddling its thumbs at 1080p and you are just as likely to get the same or even WORSE performance than at 1440p and even 4k at times due to the overhead. At least learn how to use DSR so you can run your games at 4k and actually make your gpu do what it was intended for.

Last edited:
wow!!! guys i switched the setting in fs2020 under anti aliasing from nvidia dlss to amd fsr2 and omg !!! what a differance it jumped my fps to 80 and im flying low and extremly smooth i feel happy again i may not burn the system!!!
That makes ZERO sense because you are laughably cpu limited at 1080p with a 4080.

You bought a 4080 for 1080p? Have you been living under a rock and not even looking gpu reviews? FFS your 2080 ti was not even gpu limited at 1080p for 99% of games. In fact a 2080 ti at just 1080p is more powerful than a 4090 at 4k. Even with the fastest cpu on the planet a 4080 will be twiddling its thumbs at 1080p and you are just as likely to get the same or even WORSE performance than at 1440p and even 4k at times due to the overhead. At least learn how to use DSR so you can run your games at 4k and actually make your gpu do what it was intended for.
i dont know were u getting 1080p from i never mentioned anything about it someone asked me and i said its at 1080 but i never said thats what i bought it for i also mentioned i am really not advanced with computer stuff so yes i did come out of my rock and i did watch reviews and this and that but when u do not understand what they are talking avout in the reviews it does not help me, so i was at micro center and was talking to the salesman which i figured knows there stuff and he told me this card would crush fs2020 so i took his word for it!! So if u do not like my ? feel free instead of the insults to explain or dont answer thanks

i dont know were u getting 1080p from i never mentioned anything about it someone asked me and i said its at 1080 but i never said thats what i bought it for i also mentioned i am really not advanced with computer stuff so yes i did come out of my rock and i did watch reviews and this and that but when u do not understand what they are talking avout in the reviews it does not help me, so i was at micro center and was talking to the salesman which i figured knows there stuff and he told me this card would crush fs2020 so i took his word for it!! So if u do not like my ? feel free instead of the insults to explain or dont answer thanks
Well I clearly quoted you saying 1920x1080 so that's where I got that from obviously. You didn't clarify anything before or after that from what I can see so of course it would seem you are trying to play games at 1080p.

Well I clearly quoted you saying 1920x1080 so that's where I got that from obviously. You didn't clarify anything before or after that from what I can see so of course it would seem you are trying to play games at 1080p.
well if u would read what it was replied to u see someone asked me what res i was using.... I did not just throw it out there in the universe esp. since i had no idea it even mattered.

Buying a 40 series and playing at 1080p is like buying a Lambo and only driving 25mph and never going faster. Best card for 1080p gaming is 3060.

Buying a 40 series and playing at 1080p is like buying a Lambo and only driving 25mph and never going faster. Best card for 1080p gaming is 3060.
I think there some confusion now i am understanding what your saying but i never stated i want to run in 1080 someone asked me the settings and thats were it was but i never said i got to keep it there tell me were to set it and i would i dont know were it said oh i got to run at 1080 its just were it was, i just looked its at the highest setting is that from the tv or from the card does it go higher? Again sorry i am new to all this... Also i am using a samsung led 43

Last edited:
I think there some confusion now i am understanding what your saying but i never stated i want to run in 1080 someone asked me the settings and thats were it was but i never said i got to keep it there tell me were to set it and i would i dont know were it said oh i got to run at 1080 its just were it was, i just looked its at the highest setting is that from the tv or from the card does it go higher? Again sorry i am new to all this... Also i am using a samsung led 43
No problem, I understand everyone has their own starting point. Typically when people start they do so on low end hardware. Never the less. 1080p is a resolution. If your TV has a Native Render Resolution of 1080p then you cannot go any higher. Do some YouTube research about TV and Monitor resolutions and refresh rates because there is a lot to know and understand if your going to get into the PC gaming space, and a Video can do a much better job of breaking down the important information. As noted, 1080p is considered a low resolution now a days even though it is probably the most popular still. The 40 series graphics cards are so powerful that they are best served to play at 4K and beyond because at lower resolutions, they become CPU bottlenecked ESPECIALLY on CPUS that are NOT current gen, IE Intel 13thgen or Ryzen 7000 series.

No problem, I understand everyone has their own starting point. Typically when people start they do so on low end hardware. Never the less. 1080p is a resolution. If your TV has a Native Render Resolution of 1080p then you cannot go any higher. Do some YouTube research about TV and Monitor resolutions and refresh rates because there is a lot to know and understand if your going to get into the PC gaming space, and a Video can do a much better job of breaking down the important information. As noted, 1080p is considered a low resolution now a days even though it is probably the most popular still. The 40 series graphics cards are so powerful that they are best served to play at 4K and beyond because at lower resolutions, they become CPU bottlenecked ESPECIALLY on CPUS that are NOT current gen, IE Intel 13thgen or Ryzen 7000 series.
thank u so much now u saying it like this makes so much sense i understand now and i had a 2080ti i should of kept that, also whats weird when i would go under nvidia control panel and under change resolution and i have 2 43 inch tvs my other one is a tcl brand and that used to go up to like 3000 and something and the sumsung much higher its weird they all disappeared. Any way i think i will return the 4080 i still got my 2080ti use that and get rid of these 2 tv and get that gaming one from lg 55 inch with 120 resresh oled 4k

thank u so much now u saying it like this makes so much sense i understand now and i had a 2080ti i should of kept that, also whats weird when i would go under nvidia control panel and under change resolution and i have 2 43 inch tvs my other one is a tcl brand and that used to go up to like 3000 and something and the sumsung much higher its weird they all disappeared. Any way i think i will return the 4080 i still got my 2080ti use that and get rid of these 2 tv and get that gaming one from lg 55 inch with 120 resresh oled 4k
Your still confused, but its fine. There is a lot to learn. If your going to game in 4k, stick with the 4080. Dare I ask, what are the rest of your specs?

Your still confused, but its fine. There is a lot to learn. If your going to game in 4k, stick with the 4080. Dare I ask, what are the rest of your specs?
amd 9 9500x, rog crosshair viii dark hero, 2 samsung 980 pro 1tb each ssd, g skill 128 dd44200 memory, hx 1200 power supply

I been reading tons of stuff with the 4k vs 1080p so i am understanding the difference but to be honest my take on it is its all about the resolution and clarity of the pic it really does not say that 4k is so much like faster, i know i got alot to learn but from what u guys saying and what i reading everything says hows fs2020 is run by the graphics card and the same card that would run fs in 4k at like 50 fps would run it in 1080p at 130 fps i dont know someone in here said how its run from the cpu but everything i read says the opposite and why cranking uo the setting on the card make it run faster and should b no bottelneck at all i just think my setting are not right one day i will get it lol right now its good flying smooth at around avg 70 fps in a jet doing 1200 knots!!!

I been reading tons of stuff with the 4k vs 1080p so i am understanding the difference but to be honest my take on it is its all about the resolution and clarity of the pic it really does not say that 4k is so much like faster, i know i got alot to learn but from what u guys saying and what i reading everything says hows fs2020 is run by the graphics card and the same card that would run fs in 4k at like 50 fps would run it in 1080p at 130 fps i dont know someone in here said how its run from the cpu but everything i read says the opposite and why cranking uo the setting on the card make it run faster and should b no bottelneck at all i just think my setting are not right one day i will get it lol right now its good flying smooth at around avg 70 fps in a jet doing 1200 knots!!!
Resolution is not about speed. Your confusing refresh rate and resolution. 4K is much harder to run games on because it is 4 times the amount of pixels when compared to 1080p. That is where the 40 series comes is because it is capable of maxing out the refresh rates of top end 4k monitors which are 144hz. 4k is a HUGE HUGE upgrade compared to 1080p in regards to image quality.

Resolution is not about speed. Your confusing refresh rate and resolution. 4K is much harder to run games on because it is 4 times the amount of pixels when compared to 1080p. That is where the 40 series comes is because it is capable of maxing out the refresh rates of top end 4k monitors which are 144hz. 4k is a HUGE HUGE upgrade compared to 1080p in regards to image quality.
were almost there i feel it !! lol ok but here is what i do not get, i am not having a problem with image quailty the image is insane !! ok so i am not having a problem with image and your telling me 4k is so much harder to run but the 40 series crushes it (here is the problem ?) then why can't it destroy the 1080 !!! buy what you telling me then it should be a breeze to run 1080 or are u saying the 40 series was not designed to run 1080 and thats the problem???? i find it hard to beleave its not backwards compatible !!!! And thanks so much for staying with me explaining it !! you must have a soft spot for the dumb!!! lol

Sorry let me throw this in the mix!!! Last night on here all of a sudden all 3 of my screens went out but it was the screens i could still here the computer stuff going so i tried everything would not come back on, i shut it down and popped back in the 2080 and worked fine!!! i am going to drop the 4080 back in now and if still don't work i think i box it up and return it, only thing i do gaming wise is fl sim and f1 racing so my 2080 is fine ..... and i put 1700 back in my pocket and i get the one display i wanted!!

were almost there i feel it !! lol ok but here is what i do not get, i am not having a problem with image quailty the image is insane !! ok so i am not having a problem with image and your telling me 4k is so much harder to run but the 40 series crushes it (here is the problem ?) then why can't it destroy the 1080 !!! buy what you telling me then it should be a breeze to run 1080 or are u saying the 40 series was not designed to run 1080 and thats the problem???? i find it hard to beleave its not backwards compatible !!!! And thanks so much for staying with me explaining it !! you must have a soft spot for the dumb!!! lol
No problem. At 1080p your going to be CPU bottlenecked with 40 series cards. These powerful cards really stretch their legs at higher resolutions. Sure, its going to be a big uplift from a 2080ti at 1080p, but you wont be able to get the maximum FPS possible from your 4080 with a modern CPU, (intel 13th gen or Zen 5). By moving the bottleneck to the GPU, I.E. high res gaming like at 4K, the CPU matters much less, and this allows the GPU to reach 100 percent utilization. This is why many say its a waste to game at 1080p with a 4080 or 4090, because the card will not really be used to its full capacity. It will be waiting on the bottleneck in your system, which will be your 5950x. At the end of the day, its your money. If you plan on upgrading to a 4K monitor or display in the future, I would keep the 4080 as it will serve you much better in the long run.

No problem. At 1080p your going to be CPU bottlenecked with 40 series cards. These powerful cards really stretch their legs at higher resolutions. Sure, its going to be a big uplift from a 2080ti at 1080p, but you wont be able to get the maximum FPS possible from your 4080 with a modern CPU, (intel 13th gen or Zen 5). By moving the bottleneck to the GPU, I.E. high res gaming like at 4K, the CPU matters much less, and this allows the GPU to reach 100 percent utilization. This is why many say its a waste to game at 1080p with a 4080 or 4090, because the card will not really be used to its full capacity. It will be waiting on the bottleneck in your system, which will be your 5950x. At the end of the day, its your money. If you plan on upgrading to a 4K monitor or display in the future, I would keep the 4080 as it will serve you much better in the long run.
ok i get u now !! thank u so much for sticking with me ok i will keep it and up grade the tv, sorry one more ?!!! does it pay to spend all that money for like the lg gaming tv that claims this and that and is at 120 refesh or a simply 4k with 120 will do the same ?

ok i get u now !! thank u so much for sticking with me ok i will keep it and up grade the tv, sorry one more ?!!! does it pay to spend all that money for like the lg gaming tv that claims this and that and is at 120 refesh or a simply 4k with 120 will do the same ?
LG makes good displays, especially the newer ones. Personally I would much rather have a real monitor that will behave like a monitor. I have an LG OLED, and it has burn in. So if you plan on using your oled as a monitor, there is a bunch a things you will have to do to try and mitigate burn in, but it’s going to happen one way or another.

so does size have something to do with proformance ? cause thats why i always stayed away from a monitor i like the viewing area big, and all we been talking about i just realized why monitors may not come in large sizes that maybe it affects proformance ? It's been long time since i checked out monitors but i see now asus has a nice 47.5 4k uhd 138hz gaming monitor nice size would u recommend that with my card and my passon for only playing flight sim over a gaming tv? cause what i am reading they saying that lg gaming tv 55 inch is like a monitor?

so does size have something to do with proformance ? cause thats why i always stayed away from a monitor i like the viewing area big, and all we been talking about i just realized why monitors may not come in large sizes that maybe it affects proformance ? It's been long time since i checked out monitors but i see now asus has a nice 47.5 4k uhd 138hz gaming monitor nice size would u recommend that with my card and my passon for only playing flight sim over a gaming tv? cause what i am reading they saying that lg gaming tv 55 inch is like a monitor?
Not size, but as we discussed resolution effects performance. The Asus monitor uses an LG panel but has a matte antiglare coating unlike the regular LGC2 oled series. I can't answer those for you, I don't know what your preferences are.

Back