Asus ROG swift PG65

The stand looks awful, why can't they just take cues from TV manufacturers and have something simple and inoffensive?

I think these are still such a weird product. I currently have a 65" 4K TV in the living room and despite liking the size, I don't think it would be a good fit anywhere else. No consoles support G-Sync and most PC gamers have a desktop setup so something in the 40-50" range would have been a lot more sensible if you want a big screen.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The stand looks awful, why can't they just take cues from TV manufacturers and have something simple and inoffensive?

I think these are still such a weird product. I currently have a 65" 4K TV in the living room and despite liking the size, I don't think it would be a good fit anywhere else. No consoles support G-Sync and most PC gamers have a desktop setup so something in the 40-50" range would have been a lot more sensible if you want a big screen.

I agree with everything you said aside from the stand comment. I don't care for some of the TV stands. For example, I can't stand the four tiny chrome legs on my Samsung KS8500.

like this
Considering the $2000 27 inch G-Sync 4K 144Hz monitors put out by Asus and Acer currently, dare I even ask what these will cost?

I agree with everything you said aside from the stand comment. I don't care for some of the TV stands. For example, I can't stand the four tiny chrome legs on my Samsung KS8500.

I actually like those chrome stands. Sure, they would be better if they were just matte black or something but they don't get in the way and it's easy to clean under the TV too. Main point is they don't look like they jumped out of a Michael Bay Transformers movie.

like this
$2,000 for a 27" monitor is absurd. I don't care what the specs are. That's too small a monitor for that kind of coin. If you don't need a monitor today, I'd wait. In 6 months to a year you should be able to do a lot better for less money or get something insanely awesome for that kind of cash.

I actually like those chrome stands. Sure, they would be better if they were just matte black or something but they don't get in the way and it's easy to clean under the TV too. Main point is they don't look like they jumped out of a Michael Bay Transformers movie.

I would prefer a more monitor like stand such as the one my JU6700 uses.

This is so pointless. I just want good fucking 27" monitor!
I maaaaybe Could find space for 32" but then it would have to be 4k and I aint got a room for that, a power for that and a money for that :p
Even the current crappy 1440p ips gsync monitors are way to expensive considering 4k 120hz 55" tvs cost as much and they have hdr and fald zones

This is so pointless. I just want good 27" monitor!

Why so small? Why not set your sights on something bigger? After having had a 30" (or three 30") monitors for years I could never go back to something so small. After going with a 49" Samsung, I wouldn't want to use a monitor less than 40" in size.

This thing on my desktop is way too big.

Ideally I would like a 38"-40" 4K for desktop use and then a really cool high-end 4K projector for gaming on my home cinema at 130" with an equally kick-ass sound system.

Well one day...

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
Why so small? Why not set your sights on something bigger? After having had a 30" (or three 30") monitors for years I could never go back to something so small. After going with a 49" Samsung, I wouldn't want to use a monitor less than 40" in size.
Dat my Ikea setup with 27". Not much space left if I want speakers. Maybe 30" max :(
3ZjQvbB.jpg

For PC gaming, specially FPS/TPS games, where you are supposed to play with a mouse and keyboard, it doesn't make sense (to me) playing with such a big screen in which you have to be at a great distance to have a complete field of view. I wonder how quick can you react with such a great screen when you spot an enemy in one corner and you have to act quickly. Even tough I also have 32" monitors I find that too big and for those kind of games I find 27-30 at most is the sweet spot.

For PC gaming, specially FPS/TPS games, where you are supposed to play with a mouse and keyboard, it doesn't make sense (to me) playing with such a big screen in which you have to be at a great distance to have a complete field of view. I wonder how quick can you react with such a great screen when you spot an enemy in one corner and you have to act quickly. Even tough I also have 32" monitors I find that too big and for those kind of games I find 27-30 at most is the sweet spot.

I don't know where people get these ideas from. Our peripheral vision as humans is much greater than some gamers seem to understand. At my normal viewing distance from my 49" monitor, I can still see things around it. It doesn't fill my peripheral vision completely. I don't have to sit a great distance from this monitor, nor are there issues reacting to enemies anywhere on the screen.

I don't know where people get these ideas from. Our peripheral vision as humans is much greater than some gamers seem to understand. At my normal viewing distance from my 49" monitor, I can still see things around it. It doesn't fill my peripheral vision completely. I don't have to sit a great distance from this monitor, nor are there issues reacting to enemies anywhere on the screen.

But the hand/mouse movement is larger than what it would take with a 27" monitor. Trust me, I have tried again and again playing on my 65" OLED TV and a 43" 4K monitor with the same results where as playing on a 27" or small screen is easier.

Back