Asus P8P67 WS Revolution bios issue

Ducrider748

Limp Gawd
I have a Asus P8P67 WS Revo that has been a tried and true motherboard. It has a overclocked 2600K in it that has run at that speed for years. 4.43 is the overclock. In the last 5 to 6 years it has been just a web browser for my wife. I got back in to folding so it got a better gpu and then a second gpu. Both cards worked great and cpu temps were normal for it. Mid 50's. Now it has been moved to a dedicated folding rig. Added 4 2080ti's. Everything is water cooled. Cpu temps have now jumped even with a better cpu block. I basically need to remove the overclock from it. That would keep temps down and would also keep the windows crashes from happening. The cpu at it's current overclcock does not like a 4 gpu's folding. That is the back ground.

Now here is the issue I am having. Once the power button comes on the screen stays black. Giving a min or so Windows screen comes up and loads Windows.( Win 10). I get no post screen video output. I hit the delete key when booting and it is going to the bios but no video. I powered everything off and removed the cmos battery to reset the cmos but the overclock stayed. Getting to the cmos jumper will be a task. I will have to remove 2 gpu's to gain access. If I could just have video on the bios screen I would just remove the overclock. Has anyone run across this issue of no video output in the bios? Google has not helped.

Do I need to remove all the gpu's and run just one? It has been a good bit of time since I have needed to go into the bios of this board. I also have not payed attention to how long it has not shown a post screen either.

Have you tried switching the output to the monitor on different cards? Maybe it's selecting one of your other cards for initial output.

Pic of the rig might help. I have three types of forceps I use for this type situation. Maybe you could use the curved type to get under the bottom card to get to the jumper.

Have you tried disconnecting your sata drive? Should kick you right into the bios instead of loading windows.

Here is a pic as it is running. Very tight fit to get to cmos jumper.

Furious that is something i will try. Not sure it will give me video but worth a try. I know if I press delete I am getting in to the bios. Just can't see it.

Attachments

• 20220905_192804.jpg
    20220905_192804.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 0
Back in the DFI days there was an ISO called Tmods CD that was able to clear cmos via software on Nvidia chipset powered boards. I don't know if it works on more modern bios but I think I still have the CD somewhere. I'll message you if I can find it.

UPDATE. Decided to move everything into a larger case with more rads. Pulled the three bottom cards out and made a quick small loop for the cpu and top card. With all the cards out but one I was able to see the bios. I did the cmos rest jumper and removed battery again. It was a no go on a cmos reset. The board seemed to ignore it. Went in and loaded optimized settings and booted into windows. Still at the over clock speed. Back in the bios I ended up having to manually remove the over clock. All seems to be running fine and nice and cool. BTW once the over clock was removed. I can get into the bios with all 4 cards. Only thing I can think might be the issue was the mouse was different.

UPDATE. Decided to move everything into a larger case with more rads. Pulled the three bottom cards out and made a quick small loop for the cpu and top card. With all the cards out but one I was able to see the bios. I did the cmos rest jumper and removed battery again. It was a no go on a cmos reset. The board seemed to ignore it. Went in and loaded optimized settings and booted into windows. Still at the over clock speed. Back in the bios I ended up having to manually remove the over clock. All seems to be running fine and nice and cool. BTW once the over clock was removed. I can get into the bios with all 4 cards. Only thing I can think might be the issue was the mouse was different.
I haven't tried to run 4 gpus in a long time but when I did I wound up with a moderately altered chieftec fulltower case to fit all the radiators, perhaps my wife's computer from 2012 with a similar motherboard and cpu would have lived longer if all she did was browse the Internet. It served dutifully August 2012-August 2018.

Back